GMail Account Deletion

ap997s

Reaction score
When I bought my Droid at the Verizon store last week it was activated w/ a bogus gmail account since I couldn't recall my real gmail account name at the time (brain fade I suspect).

Since then I set up my real gmail account as well as my other email accounts from Verizon. I now want to delete the 'bogus' gmail account but the OS tells me I must do a 'reset'. Will I have to set up everything once again or is there a way to simply just delete the 'activation' gmail account.

Thanks in advance for any help.

mjs31

Reaction score
Unfortunately yes. I had to do that as well. Unless something has changed that I am not aware of, in order to make another gmail your primary for that phone you would need to reset your phone. This means basically wiping it and going back to stage one. Everything, with the exception of picts, music etc from your card will be gone. May want to wait a little bit in case something has changed, but I am pretty sure this is the only way.

OP
A

ap997s

Reaction score
Just what I suspected.

I just may wait until early December when the awaited OS update is supposed to occur.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Unfortunately yes. I had to do that as well. Unless something has changed that I am not aware of, in order to make another gmail your primary for that phone you would need to reset your phone. This means basically wiping it and going back to stage one. Everything, with the exception of picts, music etc from your card will be gone. May want to wait a little bit in case something has changed, but I am pretty sure this is the only way.

gonta159

Reaction score
Go to the main phone settings, then accounts & sync, then click the account you want to delete, on the bottom it will say remove account.