Remote Desktop on DROID

qube

Reaction score
Here is a video of me using Xtralogic Remote Desktop:

[video=youtube;xq56-8fQg6o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq56-8fQg6o#[/video]

It's pretty cool. A bit more reliable than Phone My PC. I will admit that I like the multitouch in Phone My PC a lot.

What do you think?

Randomocity

Reaction score
WTF this is like SO COOL,
but: if you do that via internet you need DYNDNS rite?

Because you have a different IP adress outside than have it inside,
or is a special viewerclient neccesary on the pc?
Nah, port forwarding on your router should do the trick. Just forward the RDP port (default is 3389) on TCP/UDP to whatever your internal IP is, and then rdp to your router's external address.

iunknown

Reaction score
It will be nice if they let you connect to your media share and get the audio worked out. Then you can stream your entire music and movie collection. Music seems doable with where they are at now, movies might be awhile.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
It will be nice if they let you connect to your media share and get the audio worked out. Then you can stream your entire music and movie collection. Music seems doable with where they are at now, movies might be awhile.

You can stream your media from your pc to the phone using Orb.com

cfps

Reaction score
WTF this is like SO COOL,
but: if you do that via internet you need DYNDNS rite?

Because you have a different IP adress outside than have it inside,
or is a special viewerclient neccesary on the pc?
Nah, port forwarding on your router should do the trick. Just forward the RDP port (default is 3389) on TCP/UDP to whatever your internal IP is, and then rdp to your router's external address.

How do you setup port forwarding if you have 2 servers you need to connect to? Can you forward a port to multiple internal IP's? Do you have to use a different port and include that port number after your firewalls IP?