remote control=Droid?

monkeyboy383

Reaction score
Hey, I'm a new Droid user and finding out that this phone rocks! I'm not sure if this belongs here... But I saw this news video [video=youtube;SD7jmGuM160]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD7jmGuM160&sns=em"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD7jmGuM160&sns=em[/video] and was impressed. But from what I gathered, it uses things the droid has. Has anyone heard anything about something similar for the droid? I would love to be able to control a smaller rc car or somethin

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No IR transmitter on the Droid.....

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score

I don't think you watched the video. She says it interfaces with the helicopter via wifi, not infrared. I'm sure something like this would be possible for the droid. It would have to use a combination of the accelerometer, wifi, video and the custom built interface on both the phone and RC vehicle.

OP
M

monkeyboy383

Reaction score
I'm no good @ programming. But I was also thinking about possibly using bluetooth receivers. Its not something that out there technologically, its just a new control interface.

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
I'm no good @ programming. But I was also thinking about possibly using bluetooth receivers. Its not something that out there technologically, its just a new control interface.

Bluetooth is designed for very low power use, and the transmission range will only be 10m, about 30ft. High-powered Bluetooth devices will enable ranges up to 100m (300ft), but that would be significantly more expensive than using wifi.

OP
M

monkeyboy383

Reaction score
Is there any wifi chip (like maybe something from a cell). Anyone know if I could use something like a BB Curve as a wifi or bluetooth receiver for something like this?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Another stupid application for a phone . Why would you want to use your phone for this and not a real remote ?

mikes

Reaction score
Another stupid application for a phone . Why would you want to use your phone for this and not a real remote ?
So you can post to the "10 things a Droid can't do" thread on an iPhone forum.

(Really, all this competitive stuff is simply juvenile. It is perfectly analogous to a pi**ing contest. They're both good phones, and people can decide for themselves, based on their needs, which is best for them.)

OP
M

monkeyboy383

Reaction score
Because its cool and awesome... and everytime its done, it gets closer to mainstream. Hopefully, demonstrating the possibilities of universal control of many aspects of your life through one universal input (which in this case I'm hoping will be my Moto Droid). Don't hate, participate pls

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I don't think you watched the video. She says it interfaces with the helicopter via wifi, not infrared. I'm sure something like this would be possible for the droid. It would have to use a combination of the accelerometer, wifi, video and the custom built interface on both the phone and RC vehicle.

Your correct, I did not.... This is what happens when your Droiding while trying to do a 100 other things..:blink: