Remap Capacitative Buttons?

Mdeva

Reaction score
Anyone know how to remap capacitative buttons. I use Dolphin Browser, and would much prefer my Search button go into Google Search via Dolphin.

I fully realize I've bought the worst phone made on the worst platform - just trying to make this experience less dreadful.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Dolphin has pretty much made it known that they want to distance themselves from google and use their own recommended search engines.

That said, if you have Dolphin set as your default browser and tap the search key on the lower right (magnifying glass) it will bring up google search. From there, select the search item you looked for and it will open in dolphin.

LOL... not sure about your statement "The worst phone... worst platform". I've owned many phones much worse than my Razr Maxx. Have you tried any of the older windows mobile phones, or perhaps the HTC EVO or Droid incredible? Some phones I've owned in the past that were useless....

On a side note, if you want to make your phone a little better, you can root it and install CyanogenMod (CM10.2) which allows you to pick alternate functions for the softkeys. I'm not sure if other ROM's can do that but I could be wrong. CM runs great on my Maxx.... its like having a new phone.

David

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
Not sure of the negative comment about the phone and operating system either? I love my Maxx

I am also rooted running CM 10.2 works great for me so far.
Regarding the resetting of the buttons you might want to try Apex Launcher it has a function to allow you to set the search button to open whatever you want.
either way good luck with it let us know what you find.

OP
M

Mdeva

Reaction score
Root?

Hahaha. Never!! Too expensive!!

And I'm glad I haven't.

For example the Moto died - absolutely - this afternoon. I would have had ZERO recourse had I rooted.

No.

This environment is far too fragile to be risking 300 bucks every time I need a replacement - and they need replacing every 4 months (this last moto lasted from July 13th to now - less than 3 months); 9 Androids in 3 years - you do the calculations - but I figure Rooting would have cost me over $2000.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Seriously???? "Replacing every 4 months"? You must be quite careless with your phones. If you have had to replace 9 androids in 3 years, something is wrong. Give up on android NOW and get an iPhone.

David

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Root?

And I'm glad I haven't.

For example the Moto died - absolutely - this afternoon. I would have had ZERO recourse had I rooted.

No.

This environment is far too fragile to be risking 300 bucks every time I need a replacement - and they need replacing every 4 months (this last moto lasted from July 13th to now - less than 3 months); 9 Androids in 3 years - you do the calculations - but I figure Rooting would have cost me over $2000.

You need an iPhone.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
from a not so broken version of Tapatalk
Notetoo.

OP
M

Mdeva

Reaction score
I plead guilty to carelessness!

Like the time my replacement Droid arrived and wouldn't even boot.

Or when my Incredible stopped making calls of any sort.

Or yesterday, when the power button on the Moto did absolutely nothing.

I don't think Verizon would have sent 7 replacent phones free of charge had they been able to blame any of the problems on me.

Careless?
Yes - careless in continuing to pursue a rotted technology.

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
Root?

And I'm glad I haven't.

No.

Wow!? like the others suggest...android is over your head...get an iphone...or maybe a feature phone from 2004? come on, your statement makes zero sense when so many on this site have rooted, unrooted, run multiple roms, etc. (including me) with no problems. sorry for your problems...but it must be UE (user error)

OP
M

Mdeva

Reaction score
Hahahaha.

User error.

My error ---hen I receive a device that won't even boot? (And note how this replacement Razzz spells "when" - hahahaha).

No, not me. I do push the envelope a bit, trying to maximize functionality - but not just to hack for the sake of hacking, like souping up a hot-rod to get 3 more horse power.

The advent of the "smartphone" is indeed remarkable. A kid can send me a WhatsApp-chat from Africa (for much less than cent) asking for money to go to the hospital, I can poke a currency-converter app to find the current rate of exchange, transfer money from my account to "theirs" in a matter of minutes using my bank app, send a reply chat indicating money has been transferred - and requesting a receipt. A few hours later I receive a photo of a hospital receipt (and in one case, a series of brain-scan pictures - in hopes I could confirm diagnosis - HA!).

No, smart-phones have altered my life more dramatically than likely most anyone on this forum. My complaint is that Android is an inherently unstable environment - and Moto (since GB) - a virtually non-functioning device.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I work in a busy medical environment (I am a PA working in pulmonary and critical care) and I rely on my smartphone heavily for texting my colleagues as well as the various medical apps I use to keep up to date and informed. My Razr Maxx has to perform flawlessly and it does. Most of my colleagues use android phones and have very little problems with them. We are in a strong verizon area so android wins out, although there are a few in my group with iPhones that perform adequately.

Your problems are not limited to androids. I had a HTC Touch Pro II (WInMo) phone that I really liked but the camera went bad one day so I took it back to Sprint and they replaced it. Thus began the saga and the end of my relationship with Sprint. I ended up going through 6 (YES, SIX) phones over a 5 week period, all with various serious problems) until I finally gave up and switched carriers and Phone OS's. So yes, it IS possible to have a run of bad phones, but overall, the Android OS is very stable and reliable.

David

apl3

Reaction score
I give the OP credit for persistence. Nine phones under three years and they hate the android platform. Do you enjoy pain? I looked at the OP posts seems all they can do is comment on what a crappy phone android is. I think I smell a troll. All joiking aside please drop Android now and buy an Iphone. Why don't you try the Z10. Better yet just get a dumb phone.