Reliable WIFI VOIP APP???

mwks83

Reaction score
I'll be overseas for a while and was trying to find a very reliable VOIP app for the Droid X that uses WIFI only. I'll have my phone disabled except for the WIFI and would like to make free calls back to the states.

I heard Skype mobile will not allow you to place calls on WIFI with the Droid. But that Apple devices can. Thats ridiculous.

Anyway if anyone could shoot me in the right direction on available VOIP apps that I could use for free WIFI calls please feel free to post.

Thankx

techguru

Reaction score
Sipdroid or Fring. Lots of discussion on this board, so search for either of these.

Alan

jdubin

Reaction score
Check out 3CXPhone, should be in the market. It's an excellent SIP client which worked for me (with Callcentric) when Sipdroid and Fring didn't. It won't natively give you free calls, but you might be able to find a free or cheap SIP service to use it with.

ScottPV

Reaction score
I'll be trying out Nimbuzz linked to my Skype account in a few weeks.

Scott

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Don't see the Droid listed as a Mobile wifi phone????

Would not consider it unless I could make wifi Voip calls.

Ron W.

mcb0021

Reaction score
just got back from Asia where I used Truphone via wifi very successfully for two weeks

OP
mwks83

mwks83

Reaction score
reliable VOIP APP

I use NIMBUZZ for skype on WIFI

I have had no issues with this app, and Im over in Afganhistan right now. Good way to use skype without worrying about wifi shutdown.