Redraws on adw

eodlrd

Reaction score
Having alot of Redraws on adw. Running Ud2.5 on my d1.

Tried updating adw through the market but it cannot install. Says package signed incorrectly. Any way to fix this? I would like to update it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Split630

Reaction score
My buddy was having some bad redraws on 2.4 and fixed it by flashing a different kernel. I understand it's a different ROM but it could be worth a try. He went from a Slayer to a Chevy.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

en28so

Reaction score
What I do is go into the adw settings and choose "system persistent " which will not allow your homescreen from rotating. This will prevent redraws. I have tons of widgets on my screens, and no redraws.

en28so

Reaction score
What I did was to go to the adw settings and choose " system persistent " which will not allow your homescreen from rotating. This will prevent redraws. I have tons of widgets on my screens, and no redraws.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I use the lock home in memory option in CM. Is there a similar option in UD? It doesn't stop them 100% but it's close enough for government work -- AND the times the OS kills the launcher it REALLY REALLY NEEDS TO. :)

And yes, cutting down on widgets will help. Good luck!

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Instead of cutting down on homescreens and widgets, I think that you should be able to use those featues that are provided and a concrete, permanent fix needs to come up for this issue. I am one that gets tons of redraws with any launcher (i.e. adw, lp, etc.). I have 4 screens and 5 widgets. This shouldn't be "too much." Once a launcher comes out that allows me to actually use all the features and not have any consequences (redraws and lag) for doing so, I will be making a generous donation because this is a very frustrating matter. After trying all the solutions I could find and having no permanent fix, I am anxiously awaiting one that will actually work.

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
There's a very simple fix. You just open up the motherboard and replace the RAM that's soldered on there with ultra-high-density chips. About 1GB should do.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I haven't tried zeam too much because I like all the features of go, LP, adw etc. Does zeam have less redraws?

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no firsthand experience but I think both are geared to be lightweight. Also, I uninstall or .bak the launchers that aren't my default.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
GO seams to be the best for me so far, especially when I have "lock home in memory" option selected in UD settings...

ChodeNode

Reaction score
What I do is go into the adw settings and choose "system persistent " which will not allow your homescreen from rotating. This will prevent redraws. I have tons of widgets on my screens, and no redraws.
I'd just like to say this has really cut down on the amount of redraw I get.