Recovery when reboots

LTLFTCer

Reaction score
I just picked up a TB and want to wipe and clean this thing to either keep for later or sell. I wiped data/dalvik/cache, restored stock ROM and unrooted.

But when I reboot, it still reboots into clockworkmod recovery? I have to press reboot phone to get back to the set up screen. This worries me because if I sell it, I know the buyer will be asking about that. How can I get it to reboot right to setup? And, I still have one startup screen that says "liberty" right at the beginning, then goes tot he DROID and droid eye.

I thought a restore got rid of everything prior?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Ya gotta SBF your Droid X to get rid of all that, you're still rooted.

Use RSD Lite (on your PC) to restore your phone's default ROM. You'll need an SBF file (the ROM image) from Google, you're looking for the .340 Droid X SBF file.

When you boot your phone, hold the volume down and camera buttons along with power and the screen will kinda flash (the backlight) ad you can let go, bringing you to the programming screen. Now just plug in to your computer and open RSD Lite, click the "..." button next to the text box, find and select your .SBF file and click start (or whatever it is haha). When it's done, you may have to take the battery out and reboot the phone holding power and the home button until it goes to Android Recovery. From there do a factory reset, then reboot and you should come to the setup screen! Viola!

OP
LTLFTCer

LTLFTCer

Reaction score

Use RSD Lite (on your PC) to restore your phone's default ROM. You'll need an SBF file (the ROM image) from Google, you're looking for the .340 Droid X SBF file.

When you boot your phone, hold the volume down and camera buttons along with power and the screen will kinda flash (the backlight) ad you can let go, bringing you to the programming screen. Now just plug in to your computer and open RSD Lite, click the "..." button next to the text box, find and select your .SBF file and click start (or whatever it is haha). When it's done, you may have to take the battery out and reboot the phone holding power and the home button until it goes to Android Recovery. From there do a factory reset, then reboot and you should come to the setup screen! Viola!

Ah yes, thanks. Since I only do this once in a great while, I forgot that. Thanks a bunch!

jimmyco2008

Reaction score

Ah yes, thanks. Since I only do this once in a great while, I forgot that. Thanks a bunch!

Glad I could help!