Recovery Menu Not Showing

tanyrl

Reaction score
Ok, the uncheck of the debugging fixed me for .573. For 595, I had to flash the recovery a few times in cwm. tricky tricky phones :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mrkrrtft

Reaction score
I, too, was getting the triangle and exclamation point. Pressing the Search hard button didn't work. Pressing both Volume buttons did. Thanks a bunch.

bonos

Reaction score
Okay. I am getting a bit lost on the bootstrap mode. I have a rooted X. I have droid X bootstrap installed and when I select it, it tells me that the bootstrap is successful. I then select reboot recovery. It reboots. During the reboot, I hit the volume up and the camera button (it seems the power button and both volume buttons will get you to the same place) and it opens up the clockworkmod recovery 2.5.0.6. Is this bootstrap mode? If I am using the linux iso disc from 1kds, is this where I would leave it for the program to reflash a clean copy of froyo? If not, do I need to make a different selection in the CWM Recovery to get me to actual "bootstrap mode"?

bonos

Reaction score
I did finally get my phone into bootstrap by pressing the camera, volume up and power at the same time. After doing that, it still comes up with the same error while using the linux iso. I even tried the windows SBF file in RSDLite and it gives me an error chipset 43 is not supported. Any suggestions?

bonos

Reaction score
Finally, Success. I ended up finding a newer version of RSDLite. I had 4.5.1 then 4.7 then 4.7 patched and found a 4.9 version. With that, it finally took the flash. I am now booting in after wiping the data. Let's hope it takes the ota update.

ChrisD.

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. I am on a rooted Droid 2 running GB and have the Liberty rom version 0.7. I was updating to Liberty version 0.8 but I forgot to wipe the phone! The rom successfully installed, but when I turn the phone on, I get tons of popups telling me that all my phone's applications are failing! They do not go away no matter how many windows I close, they repeat indefinitely. It will not go into bootstrap and I tried recovery mode, but your problem is the same as mine! I backed up my rom, but with the inability to go into bootstrap and no access to recovery mode, I am stuck! I'm trying to learn how to do sbf recovery as a last resort.

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. I am on a rooted Droid 2 running GB and have the Liberty rom version 0.7. I was updating to Liberty version 0.8 but I forgot to wipe the phone! The rom successfully installed, but when I turn the phone on, I get tons of popups telling me that all my phone's applications are failing! They do not go away no matter how many windows I close, they repeat indefinitely. It will not go into bootstrap and I tried recovery mode, but your problem is the same as mine! I backed up my rom, but with the inability to go into bootstrap and no access to recovery mode, I am stuck! I'm trying to learn how to do sbf recovery as a last resort.

These are the steps to boot your Droid 2 phone into Recovery Mode should you need to.

1. Turn Droid 2 Off

2. Press 'X' on the physical keyboard and then Press and HOLD Power button until the Exclamation Point/Android picture shows(after motorola symbol).

3. To access menu options Press the "Search" button depicted by the Magnifying glass on the Keyboard and the menu items will show up.

4. Browse options with the Volume Up and Volume Down keys and select option with the Camera button all on side.

5. Select wipe data and cache.

Reboot and done. Let us know of success