Recovery Menu Not Showing

tgines

Reaction score
I'm running 2.3.3 (.573) and am trying to update to .595 but I can't get to the recovery screen. I've held down my power button and home button and I see the exclamation icon, but when I hit the search button nothing happens. I've tried over and over, removed the battery several times. I'm not rooted.

Any advice?

skennelly

Reaction score
on gb, you use both the up+down vol key instead of search. I believe the power button is select.

Sent from my DROIDX

kirbnite

Reaction score
Thats exactly right.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
T

tgines

Reaction score
No, I'm not getting any menu items regardless of what I press. I only see the triangle exclamation icon and nothing else. I also can't get out of that screen unless I pull the battery.

Thoughts?

mewshi

Reaction score
I had this problem on my D2 the other day. Doesn't the X have a hard search key (ie, actual button, not a touch-sensitive spot)? If so, hitting that might work, like it did on mine.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
T

tgines

Reaction score
I had this problem on my D2 the other day. Doesn't the X have a hard search key (ie, actual button, not a touch-sensitive spot)? If so, hitting that might work, like it did on mine.

No, that doesn't work either. It basically locks up on that screen if I enter recovery.
Basically all I see is this:
3bK3R.png

Nothing I press will change from this screen. I have to pull the battery to boot it normal.

h00k

Reaction score
Same Boat

I'm also having the same issue, I'd like to update to the new rooted 2.3, but I also cannot do anything at this exclamation point screen without pulling the battery.

tanyrl

Reaction score
Did you get it fixed? Try un checking the debugging in your settings.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

h00k

Reaction score
Not yet

No.

I was able to get it to boot to the bootloader (I think 30.04) by holding the three buttons, and I was trying to flash it with RSDLite 4.8, but I was getting 'Flash failed' with and without debugging mode checked.

I had given up last night after about an hour and a half or so. Any other protips?

bucky716

Reaction score
Having the same problem, on that triangle/droid screen the search button does nothing to enter recovery mode. When the phone is booted up normal the search button works for everything.

h00k

Reaction score
To get to recovery

I posted how to get into bootloader: Here

Boot the droid X in recovery mode by holding down the volume + and camera buttons while powering on

bucky716

Reaction score
All that does is get to the Bootloader screen that says "Battery Ok, OK to Program, Connect USB Data Cable." How do you run the update.zip from there? I suppose I could be way off. Not rooted, just trying to get from .588 to .595

Reaction score
Check the previous posts please.

When you enter the android recovery mode that shows the exclamation point. You must press both the volume buttons at the same time. To select an entry, press the power button..

Also, the bootloader screen is very diff than the android recovery. Please don't misinform.

Reaction score
All that does is get to the Bootloader screen that says "Battery Ok, OK to Program, Connect USB Data Cable." How do you run the update.zip from there? I suppose I could be way off. Not rooted, just trying to get from .588 to .595

You must be rooted and have clockworkmod recovery installed to update to the leaked version of gingerbread. The bootloader part of the phone is for SBF recovery.

Also, remember that you cannot use the default android recovery. It MUST be the clockworkmod bootstrapped recovery.