recovery in m preview / Brick help

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just got the nexus 6 this month and its been pretty sick. Ive been trying out different roms for a couple weeks and yesterday i decided to look at Marshmallow. Any who, today i go to the library and needed to tether, and that stock image doesnt have root or anything for the tether. I tried rooting it via fastboot and the process messed something up.

I wouldnt think it would be a big deal however i cant seem to get my device connected again on pc to flash back a stock image. I have access to stock marshmallow recovery and fastboot, however fastboot doesnt seem to be fully connecting to pc. The actual rom part of the phone is apparently corrupted. I go into recovery and factory reset, which resets corrupted. i go to fast boot and the thing wont connect to adb. It reads in device manager (android bootloader interface). i reinstalled that like 4 times and even did it on a different pc however it just wont connect. Im calling it bricked at this point because i have no clue what to do.
ideas?

Has anyone done this before?
[FIX] fix hard brick / qhsub_bulk after bad flash / cm12 flash from 5.1

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i forgot to reply to this, im sorry. I have to give it to wugs, he saved me. Wugs worked. I actually had gone to a backup phone, and then saw that. Im still unsure what happened. I should have used wugs in the first place anyway, i knew that from my gnex days. :mad: Im guessing it was something to do with that new MM bootloader. Ick. Ill keep my playing to lollipop roms for now.

madmuthertrucker

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm waiting for Beans to come out with an M rom, his stuff is smooth. Plus there will be plenty of instructions. Wug should have the stock M rom in the toolkit in a couple of days too. That will load the radios and bootloader. I want to some how get Marshmallow without wiping my data.

Last edited: