Recommended Apps

KSR

Reaction score
Hello again, Droid Forums. =D

Well as I said before, I'll be getting my Motorola DROID tomorrow morning and it'll obviously be at factory default when I buy it. I don't want to download too much as soon as I buy it but I'd like to know maybe a few REALLY GOOD apps that any of you Droid Users would recommend. I'd prefer for the apps you list to be free but a little price wouldn't bother me. =)

TekHawk

Reaction score

Well as I said before, I'll be getting my Motorola DROID tomorrow morning and it'll obviously be at factory default when I buy it. I don't want to download too much as soon as I buy it but I'd like to know maybe a few REALLY GOOD apps that any of you Droid Users would recommend. I'd prefer for the apps you list to be free but a little price wouldn't bother me. =)

just got asked this a few minutes ago by a friend lol

ADW.Laucnher
Last.fm
PureMessenger

are three of my most used right now Google Buzz Widget and Twitter if you use those respectivly if you like the games from facebook the games by storm8 are amusing

OP
K

KSR

Reaction score

ADW.Laucnher
Last.fm
PureMessenger

are three of my most used right now Google Buzz Widget and Twitter if you use those respectivly if you like the games from facebook the games by storm8 are amusing

I see those you recommended are also listed in your signature, but if you don't mind could you tell me what those apps actually do? xD

TekHawk

Reaction score

ADW.Laucnher
Last.fm
PureMessenger

I see those you recommended are also listed in your signature, but if you don't mind could you tell me what those apps actually do? xD

ADW is a replacement to the stock desktop enviroment that gives you a lot more control and supports scrolling widgets

pure messenger is a widget that supports scrolling to display gmail and sms messages on the screens without opening the app

last.fm is a music social networking site that has a streaming internet radio cusomized by you and if you have the widget on your screen music you play with the stock app and with rhapsody and some others get added to your last.fm library making it a little more adaptable then pandoria

dclutter1

Reaction score
Beautiful widgets to display time/weather info

Handcent SMS to customize the stock SMS app.

Slacker and/or Pandora if you're into internet radio.

Newsrob google/rss reader.

Tapatalk forum reader.

Switchpro widget is nice for toggling BT, wifi, etc.

Pure agenda widget to list your calendar items.

Those are all pretty handy items that I use a lot. I'd suggest taking plenty of time to explore your new phone before loading it up with apps though.

OP
K

KSR

Reaction score
Beautiful widgets to display time/weather info

Handcent SMS to customize the stock SMS app.

Slacker and/or Pandora if you're into internet radio.

Newsrob google/rss reader.

Tapatalk forum reader.

Switchpro widget is nice for toggling BT, wifi, etc.

Pure agenda widget to list your calendar items.

Those are all pretty handy items that I use a lot. I'd suggest taking plenty of time to explore your new phone before loading it up with apps though.

Yeah, I agree with that. There's only maybe six I want and I'm not going to download them right away. I'm going to search through the phone and play with it for awhile first. =)

dclutter1

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with that. There's only maybe six I want and I'm not going to download them right away. I'm going to search through the phone and play with it for awhile first. =)

Lol... 6

Talk to me in a week :p

sven1olaf

Reaction score
must haves

I gotta say that these three apps drastically improve the experience on the stock moto Droid

1. Launcher pro: amazing homescreen app (very very nice)

2. Screen mode: allows no slide when coming out of sleep. (Huge)

3. Android agenda widget: very nice and customizable calendar quick view widget.

Honorable mentions

1. Gdocs notepad: easy to use and sync notepad

2. Pdanet: easy to use, non root tether.

PS. Not to downplay developer's work, but all of the above are free on the market right now.

yesilovemydroid

Reaction score
Must Have Apps

1: QUITIT
Program that helps you close all apps running in background to save you battery and speed up your phone

2: Mylock phone tool
Locks screen while on calls so you won't have trouble muting, ending calls or adding another person into conversaiton

3: aFirewall
It blocks calls/sms.
You doesn't mute like other apps, it really blocks. you won't see unwanted person as missed call.

There are some other apps i like to have on my phone, but it is only preference

ShellyDirects

Reaction score
3banana notes - very easily make notes on Droid or computer and have them synced to both automatically. Can also email note directly from app.

Ultrachron Lite - free stopwatch/timer, with speech. It can set the countdown starting amount by your voice and it can also tell you (on the speaker) the elapsed time.

qwopzxnm

Reaction score
Contact owner. It allows you to put your contact information on the lock screen so if someone with integrity finds your phone they can easily contact you and return it.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
+1 for Launcher Pro. Very smooth and fast and dev is responsive.
+1 on Tapatalk (obviously).
+1 for last.fm
Astro or Estrongs file manager.
Quick System Info or Quick Settings or System Panel App.
Gemini calendar
Dazzle free customizable widget for Bluetooth, sound, etc.
Weather and Toggle widget for clock /weather and toggles -- paid app but all skins free.
And when you realize you want more than 6 apps, App Organizer or its big brother.
You'll find more.
Happy Droiding!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk