Recommendations on Headphones?

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I don't know a lot about the tech on peripheral devices, so I figured I'd ask my good friends on DroidForums for more info and their own personal experience.

I have the original Jambox and it's great for playing music, but impossible to watch movies with on my phone without a wired connection due to the audio latency. So I guess my question is, are there higher end, or newer devices which can cut down on that? I've read that APTX helps quite a bit in that department, and looked it up and my LG G2 does support it. But I don't want to get something if there's a delay between the video and/or game. I'd even be willing to purchase a pair of headphones that have a wireless adapter that plugs into the headphone jack, if there's such a thing.

If that's asking too much, then maybe I'll just stick to wired for now. Thanks for reading this folks!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you looking for cans (over the ear) or in ears? I personally like in ears...and there are decent to awesome... To far out in ears..

Cans..look into pioneer ..I used then to DJ on air..they sound warm and have a good deal of clarity..

In ears..jl audo has lots of stuff out that costs a pretty penny..I've used the Roxanne's.. Didn't like them.but you may.

My personal favorite.. Westone. Get the u series omni fit.. The u 5 has enough head room in the driver's to be used for stage and for personal listening..more bass response..

Then there's the w series for Westone..made for personal listening only..the u5's can be had for a cheaper price than the w5 or w6's and are more versatile IMHO.

Then there are their pro audio like up..custom molded shells.. I'm sure you don't want to spend that much..

There are of course cheap in ears..like skull candy and Sony ..

Shure has some good in ears..you may look into them..

There are also lots of new upstart companies..gorilla ears tripple drivers are good and OK price wise. .

Hope some of this helps..

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I bought some Skull candy in ear and am very impressed with the sound for only $15... But I don't think this is what you are really after reading the post again...

Reactions: cr6

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Depends on what you using them for. I have been through a lot of headphones and depending on a certain person's taste in music and reason change the preferences.

First I recommend that any set of headphones you are interested you may want to try before buying and this may be the one thing that (depending on the brand) you may want to go brick and mortar.

Here are my preferences:

Best overall wired are Audio Technicas. MKHB talked about them and I scoffed but after buying them they are legit. For the price, they compare well to any and all headphones on the market. These are most sought after for editing or audiophiles.

Best headphones for working out: Powerbeats 2. Yeah Beats are overrated and overpriced, but I have tried other pairs and what finally led me to beats was when I went to start my morning workout and I got to the first leg of my morning warm up jog and the headphones kept falling out. That was enough to make me so angry it took every part of me from throwing them cheap $30 headphones across the gym. The anger actually fuel my workout as I workout with fire in my eyes, but I finally decided to begrudgingly order a pair of powerbeats wireless and so far so good. Whether I am lying on a bench, squatting, or on the track they stay in. They are not going to be my go to if I was on an airplane watching a movie as they can get uncomfortable after awhile but they are my choice pair for the gym. Because of concerns from reviews I bought the $8 insurance from Amazon when I bought the powerbeats 2.

Honorable mentions:

AfterShokz Blues 2: If I did not have bt in car or I was riding with someone else these are probably my choice pair as I prefer not to have my hearing impaired while driving. Whether it be the sound of a siren, motorcycle, or traffic and general, I want my senses to be at work as a faint sound could keep me from an accident.

Sony Extra Bass Over Ear Wireless: Another comfortable pair of headsets that is amazing for a pair of bluetooth. No good for workouts as they get in the way, but definitely a good choice for flights and watching movies.

I probably gave more of an answer than what you are looking for.

Reactions: cr6
OP
Vepaot

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
That's some good info guys and it definitely gives me a lot of options. But reading my post again, I see I wasn't very clear.

As far as wireless headphones go, is it feasible to watch movies and/or game with them from an Android device without noticeable audio latency? That is my biggest concern. I'm not finding a lot of information about actual latency with newer devices, and my only experience with any sort of Bluetooth audio device, is my old Jambox that is about 2-3 seconds behind the video or game running on my phone.

First I recommend that any set of headphones you are interested you may want to try before buying and this may be the one thing that (depending on the brand) you may want to go brick and mortar.
Yeah I was thinking about just running up to the Verizon store and seeing if they have accessories you can try out before your purchase, just to get a feel for what I'm getting into.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have a bluetooth speaker from Radio Shack that my wife's sister and her husband got me for Christmas a few years ago. At least once, I used it for audio while watching Netflix for an episode or two and didn't have much latency at all, if any.

It drives me nuts when sound doesn't sync up with video, so I'm confident that I would've noticed anything as bad as what you're describing.

Point is, it's going to depend on the device and the phone, the bluetooth version, etc, but you should be able to find something better than your Jambox for sure.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All the ones I listed do not have any audio latency. Now I did not try the beats with a movie yet, but like I said in my post I have no intentions of using the beats for movies.

Might I ask, I can understand going wireless for the gym or phone calls but why movies? Most of the time whether I'm watching a movie the tablet or phone is close enough for wired. Plus if you watch hd movies you are going to want to experience sound quality. Even when watching on the treadmill wired is fine. Because as advanced as we have gotten with bt I just feel wired provides better quality.
Then again people do have wireless sound systems in their house for the entertainment centers.

If you want the best to offer I believe what you may be wanting are made by Bose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

OP
Vepaot

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
It'll mainly be for gaming actually. If you must know, both my father and my step mother are very sick and I've been spending more and more time taking them to their doctor's visits as neither are in any condition to drive themselves anymore. As you can imagine, I spend a lot of time in waiting rooms, around other people.

I recently bought a clip for my PS3 controller to keep my phone attached to it, and having wireless headphones would allow me to mess around in my games with sound, without disturbing anyone else. I'd prefer wireless, simply because more often than not I'm shuffling around from one room to the next, and having wires all over the place as I'm transitioning throughout a private building or hospital is a good way to get the cord caught on something.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've got these. Just tried them while playing Trials Frontier & then watched a bit of Lost on Netflix. No latency that I could notice.

They're nothing fancy, but they won't break the bank & get plenty loud without distorting. I use them when running the snow blower or lawn mower & have no trouble hearing the music over those machines & the quality is good. Decent bass.

I got them on the recommendation of another member here. I've been happy with them. Though, I won't be using them much this winter. Bought a truck & plow back in May. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L2...am+transit&dpPl=1&dpID=31vMX0XHbCL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my Nexus 6P

OP
Vepaot

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
That is perfect, a bit of experimentation to make sure everything is solid. Thanks so much JK, I greatly appreciate your help!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It'll mainly be for gaming actually. If you must know, both my father and my step mother are very sick and I've been spending more and more time taking them to their doctor's visits as neither are in any condition to drive themselves anymore. As you can imagine, I spend a lot of time in waiting rooms, around other people.

I recently bought a clip for my PS3 controller to keep my phone attached to it, and having wireless headphones would allow me to mess around in my games with sound, without disturbing anyone else. I'd prefer wireless, simply because more often than not I'm shuffling around from one room to the next, and having wires all over the place as I'm transitioning throughout a private building or hospital is a good way to get the cord caught on something.

Ok that makes sense.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That is perfect, a bit of experimentation to make sure everything is solid. Thanks so much JK, I greatly appreciate your help!
Not a problem! I honestly don't have a lot of reason to use them lately, so I can also attest that the battery holds it's charge well sitting in a drawer. Haha!

I'd only ever used them for music before, so you got me curious.

gcollins

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6
You can try noise isolating headphones.

EthanStark

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola droid turbo 2
Sennheiser CX 180 Street II In-Ear Headphone

The ideal companion to all your audio devices is here. With comfortable fit and sturdy design the Sennheiser CX 180 Street II In-Ear Headphone, fits perfectly with all your audio gadgets with its 3.5mm stereo mini plug and give you the acoustics to your music like never before. It comes with a set of different sized ear caps so you can use the one that fits your ear best and does not let the Earphone slide off. The sturdy cable is 1.2 m long that gives you enough space between you and your device. It has a finger contoured housing design that gives it a sleek look and easy adjustment for comfortable wear. Carry it wherever you want, while travelling, shopping or maybe for a walk, the CX 180 is the perfect companion to your audio device.
The Sennheiser CX 180 has been engineered with Bass-driven Stereo sound technology that gives impressive and deep bass. The technologically advanced design of the earphone reduces the peripheral noise to ensure you stay entertained without any interference of external noises. It is equipped with 16 ohms impedance, 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz frequency response and 110dB sound pressure level. Be it your smartphone, tablet, MP3 player or any other device just plug in the Sennheiser CX 180 Street II In-Ear Headphone for an enriched acoustics experience.

Ethan Stark

Rishabh Bansal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Redmi Note 5 Pro
Hey, check out Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Headphone.
It provides you with the best sound and bass quality.
It comes with 20 hours of battery life.
It is available on Amazon costing Rs. 26,427.
Check it out. I am sure you will like it.