recieve call - phone won't unlock

robble

Reaction score
This has happened on several occasions now. Someone will call and it shows on the screen someone calling. However, the swiping will not unlock the phone. As soon as the incoming ringing stops (and the caller gets booted to VM) I can unlock the phone.

This is getting really old really fast. I use this phone for business.

Is this common? Is there a fix?

pool_shark

Reaction score
This has happened on several occasions now. Someone will call and it shows on the screen someone calling. However, the swiping will not unlock the phone. As soon as the incoming ringing stops (and the caller gets booted to VM) I can unlock the phone.

This is getting really old really fast. I use this phone for business.

Is this common? Is there a fix?

It's never happened to me. It's weird though that sometimes the unlock appears on an incoming call and other times it doesn't, but when it does it always unlocks.

phishhead311

Reaction score
Might just be a buggy phone. Mine was doing that w launcher pro so i uninstalled it. Happened a few times after that, so i took it back to verizon. They replaced the phone without question and i dont seem to be having that issue again....as of yet

Lightnspirit

Reaction score
It's the phone, when someone calls, you should be able to swipe to awnser or ignore. Bring it in and show a VZW counter rep, they might be able to swap it right then and there.

OP
R

robble

Reaction score
Over a year later and I still have the problem =( I even had the phone changed out once.

woodzter

Reaction score
mine has done that too. not all the time and it seems like its less often now, I can't remember the last time it happend but it was really anoying. I think I don't get the lock screen that much anymore but when I get the lock screen it happens. sorry i don't have a fix but thought you might like to know that yours is not thye only one. i have a samsung facinate galaxy phone and its about a year old. i don't use it for business.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I hate the Lock stuff, as far as I am concerned it is a copy thing from apple. On my droid charge, I used the procedure in the link to get rid of the lock screen. It is a dialer code and may work on your phone. I never tried it on my Droid 2 because I use the feature in Battery Indicator Pro that disables the lock screen. You could try that first then the dialer code.
Remove lock screen from Charge - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com