Recently rooted phone & now headphone jack doesn't work, please help!

BoneBreakerX

Reaction score
I recently rooted my phone to see what it could do as well as change to some custom formatting. Now though my headphone jack doesn't work at all. I put it in while playing music nothing. Tried rebooting the phone, nothing. Watching movies, streaming netflix, it doesn't work with anything. Can someone tell me how to fix this issue because it is a source of frustration now.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Rooting ur phone has nothing to do with the problem. (Unroot and see.) First insure your speaker works. Run your column up and down to make sure that works properly. If the speaker works, try another headphone set. If the other headphone works that is the problem. If the speaker works and no headphones work; or if the speaker does not work either, then unroot the phone and take it back to Verizon for repair/replacement.

OP
BoneBreakerX

BoneBreakerX

Reaction score
Rooting ur phone has nothing to do with the problem. (Unroot and see.) First insure your speaker works. Run your column up and down to make sure that works properly. If the speaker works, try another headphone set. If the other headphone works that is the problem. If the speaker works and no headphones work; or if the speaker does not work either, then unroot the phone and take it back to Verizon for repair/replacement.

I didn't think it did but it was the only major change I have made to it. Speaker works fine, in-call earpiece works fine, I can adjust the volume on both without issue. I tried 3 different headsets which work fine on my wifes Droid (same model) so that isn't the issue. seems like I will be making a trip to Verizon today.

Thanks!