Received notification with Notifications off

tituswife

Reaction score
Bump
At 0228, we were awakened with an email notification for the stock email. Notifications are on Silent. Media and Alarm were the only sounds on. The notification was a "voice" I've never used on any phone. This has never happened before.

I set all to Silent, and we went back to sleep.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Swift Key

Last edited:

Tucker01

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my LG Lucid. Did you fix it?

Bump
At 0228, we were awakened with an email notification for the stock email. Notifications are on Silent. Media and Alarm were the only sounds on. The notification was a "voice" I've never used on any phone. This has never happened before.

I set all to Silent, and we went back to sleep.

I have the same issue with my LG Lucid. Did you fix it?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Swift Key

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
It never happened again! Was it a one time event for you?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using SwiftKey

Tucker01

Reaction score
It never did so for the first 18 months, but just started on it's own this week, all week long. It's annoying to be in a meeting and have the notification sound go off. I don't want to silence the entire phone.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Since it only did it once, I didn't have to troubleshoot. My only guess, is that an app that you recently added, that uses notifications/controls settings, is causing it. Do you use the volume key in any apps (an example is GReader, where you can use the volume key to move through articles)?

I'm not at all a techie, so I'm only telling you, what others here, have told me.

Tucker01

Reaction score
Thanks. I will look into those ideas.

Since it only did it once, I didn't have to troubleshoot. My only guess, is that an app that you recently added, that uses notifications/controls settings, is causing it. Do you use the volume key in any apps (an example is GReader, where you can use the volume key to move through articles)?

I'm not at all a techie, so I'm only telling you, what others here, have told me.