rebuilt droid is smokin!

stevo95

Reaction score
I was not too happy with my Droid performance - reboot needed every 1-3 days, slow, lags etc. Since i did a factory restore last week, all has been much better.

I am currently at 135 hrs of uptime, even with Home++ the lag has gone and now that i have changed touchdown to cache for 13 days instead of 30, TD performance has greatly improved too. :icon_ banana:

Very happy with this now, currently persuading my sister to get either the Droid (prefered) or at least the latest T-Mobile MyTouch because they are supposedly getting 2.x next quarter. She has a smoking deal on T-mobile so doesnt want to lose it when moving to Verizon. My nephew is trying to persuade her to get an iPhone, need to have a word with that boy. :)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think your title is a bit misleading to readers......because you didn't "rebuild" your Droid you just did a factory reset...

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
I think your title is a bit misleading to readers......because you didn't "rebuild" your Droid you just did a factory reset...

Aye OK ninja. I had to manually reinstall all apps from scratch because they did not reappear and recreate all my shorts cuts/screens etc so I think it kind of does count as a rebuild. Wont argue though.

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
Why didn't you recommend the Nexus One to your sister? Just curious.

Because she said she could not order the Nexus direct from T-mobile, you have to buy it from Google and get it connected and that way she loses her current plan and has to get a new one whihc is not as good a deal.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wasn't being mean or nothing! I swear lol

But I don't know though if that would qualify as a "rebuild"...I mean I've had to do a factory reset and replace everything many many times after flashing ROMs and stuff....so I get a fresh install....

StupidGenius

Reaction score

Because she said she could not order the Nexus direct from T-mobile, you have to buy it from Google and get it connected and that way she loses her current plan and has to get a new one whihc is not as good a deal.

Wow, that really blows.

bastosero

Reaction score

Can't your sister just get a free phone and the plan she wants, then buy the N1 from Google? Then after she has the N1, she can just add the data plan for it.

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
I wasn't being mean or nothing! I swear lol

But I don't know though if that would qualify as a "rebuild"...I mean I've had to do a factory reset and replace everything many many times after flashing ROMs and stuff....so I get a fresh install....

Nah, that's cool. You're probably right, it's not much of a "rebuild".

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score

Can't your sister just get a free phone and the plan she wants, then buy the N1 from Google? Then after she has the N1, she can just add the data plan for it.

Cos you need to attach a specific T-mobile plan to the Nexus or alternatively pay $500 for it:

https://www.google.com/phone/choose?locale=en_US&s7e=