Rebooting problems

bje1982

Reaction score
Alright so Im running Jrummys Cyanmod v 0.7 and I love it.. The only problem I cant figure out is rebooting.. when I choose reboot from the power button menu it just shuts the phone off sometimes and i have to pull the battery to turn it back on.. Also when using rom manager I download a rom for example or anything for that matter and when i get the " choose ok to reboot into recovery and continue with installation" and i choose ok it just shuts the phone off.. I have no clue on how to fix this and the wierd part is with rommanager when i do a battery pull and put it back in it reboots into recovery and installs the rom wtf??? Any help would be appreciated thank you.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
so when you power off then power on while holding x you do not reboot into recovery?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
so when you power off then power on while holding x you do not reboot into recovery?
@ pilotcharles747: If I may be so humble as to say this is not at all what the OP was talking about. bje1982 was saying that he/she was using the power button on the phone and in the menu that pops up, he was choosing "reboot" instead of "power off" (as with that rom you have both options), yet his phone would 'lock up' and a battery pull is required.

@ bje1982: How long have you had your phone? If you've had it more than a month, did you wipe data and cache BEFORE installing your current ROM? What I'm getting at is if it shipped with 2.0 or 2.0.1 on it, you really MUST do the above when going to these new 2.1 update-1 roms.

I have had stuff get 'wonky' on me sometimes and here is what I have done (YMMV):

Make a backup.
Then using your phone's menu system, do a 'factory data reset'
Then restore your backup.

good luck

OP
bje1982

bje1982

Reaction score
@ pilotcharles747: If I may be so humble as to say this is not at all what the OP was talking about. bje1982 was saying that he/she was using the power button on the phone and in the menu that pops up, he was choosing "reboot" instead of "power off" (as with that rom you have both options), yet his phone would 'lock up' and a battery pull is required.

@ bje1982: How long have you had your phone? If you've had it more than a month, did you wipe data and cache BEFORE installing your current ROM? What I'm getting at is if it shipped with 2.0 or 2.0.1 on it, you really MUST do the above when going to these new 2.1 update-1 roms.

I have had stuff get 'wonky' on me sometimes and here is what I have done (YMMV):

Make a backup.
Then using your phone's menu system, do a 'factory data reset'
Then restore your backup.

good luck

I did all that and no luck so I have no clue whats going on guess it doesnt matter just annoying that something isnt working right and i cant fix it lol