Reboot issue

dhaymond

Reaction score
Could anyone help and let me know if I did something wrong? I rooted my droid x with the same z4root as I did with my fascinate, but everytime I reboot my droid x it just goes into clockmod recovery and I have to reboot phone from there. And my ota fails cuz of it too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

maderschramm

Reaction score
Do you have the bootstrapper installed? Install it to see if it resolves the issue. Also, unroot to see if the problem persisits

OP
dhaymond

dhaymond

Reaction score
Yes I have bootstrap, I aslo did as you recommended and unrooted, then rooted back; ran bootstrap again, then turned phone off and back on. Still goes to clockmod and I then have to press; reboot system now. To boot it up. Is it the z4root maybe? Also in rom manager, my clockmod reads 2.5.0.7 but in clockmod recovery it reads 2.5.0.6, could that be a problem too? Hope that helped.

OP
dhaymond

dhaymond

Reaction score
Now when reboots to install the ota, it shows the box with the arrow coming out of it for 3sec. Then the ( ! ) with the triangle around it for 3sec. Then reboots and says update failed.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can't bootstrap if you're trying to do the update. Get rid of bootstrap in root explorer. For update you can't have bootstrap, you have to be odexed, and all bloat has to be there. No rom/theme either.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, if you don't have a clean rom with all bloatware, then SBF would be easier.

ColdAsIce56

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Can someone post the link and how to sbf back to stock. Thanks

OP
dhaymond

dhaymond

Reaction score
Thanx all. And my apologies for the last response and thanx.