Droid x reboots

cdurcii

Reaction score
Okay so I did download z4root on friday and rooted my phone, then about 2 hours later it started rebooting sometimes when I unlock my phone, so I got rid of the z4root, never got to do anything to my phone and ever since friday and reboots sometimes when I unlock it which is really annoying lol can anybody help me fix this? Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kdkinc

Reaction score
Okay so I did download z4root on friday and rooted my phone, then about 2 hours later it started rebooting sometimes when I unlock my phone, so I got rid of the z4root, never got to do anything to my phone and ever since friday and reboots sometimes when I unlock it which is really annoying lol can anybody help me fix this? Thanks!

Nothing wrong with the Z4root tool...use it and root the darn phone..LOL
Have you ever "wiped" your cache ???
Two ways to do it with the "phone recovery system" or the Koush tool called DroidX Recovery.
Might as well get the DroidX recovery tool on the Market if you don't have it. You just plain need it anyways.
How to Wipe cache with Phone recovery.
*Turn off phone.
*Now at the same time press power button and Home button and hold until the little droid guy and the ! mark show up. (this is good).
*Let go of the buttons now.
*prees the search button (4th on right) A menu will pop up.
*with Volume button highlight the "clear cache" option .
*press camera button answer yes if asked and let the phone do its thing.
*Select reboot phone option & press Ok with Camera button ...let phone reboot.

The Koush DroidX recovery tool is very similar and has way more options and tools for future use that you will need..

This is really easy and safe to do.

OP
C

cdurcii

Reaction score
It worked thanks, my droid seems faster now and it hasn't restarted, I would root it again but I don't even know what to do when its rooted im not that smart lol

OP
C

cdurcii

Reaction score
Okay well it still sometimes does the rebooting, now it even did it once without me unloking it, I was listening to music and it just restarted, any other ideas? Thanks

OP
C

cdurcii

Reaction score
Also if I can't get this resolved, does this void warranty? The only thing I did was remove some apps that were already on the phone that weren't needed, it is not rooted anymore with any of that informaation on here

Sent from my DROIDX

kdkinc

Reaction score
Also if I can't get this resolved, does this void warranty? The only thing I did was remove some apps that were already on the phone that weren't needed, it is not rooted anymore with any of that informaation on here

Sent from my DROIDX

I believe that some music players have been a cause of a reboot issues. I use Power Amp with no issues. Also there is a Muni player that some people have had great results.

The short answer Rooting VOIDS warranty:icon_eek::icon_eek:

HOWEVER.

If you ever want to go back to boring. IMHO
Checkout this "got to have" thread.

maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip

check out the Liberty Rom and get that phone working:):)

EDIT, go into setting>apps>all (at top)>music >clear cache.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know that I sound like a broken record, but this is an OS issue. We see 1 or 2 new threads like this a day.

Since the last update, the Droid X seems to have started doing random reboots, even when you are not using the phone.

You can hard reset the phone, clear the cache, format the SD card, etc... There are a lot of people with this problem, and it has never been narrowed down to a particular app. And there does not seem to be a fix, other than using a different ROM, which is a modified OS.

You can try it and see if you get lucky, but I have tried everything short of using a ROM, to no avail.

kdkinc

Reaction score
I know that I sound like a broken record, but this is an OS issue. We see 1 or 2 new threads like this a day.

Since the last update, the Droid X seems to have started doing random reboots, even when you are not using the phone.

You can hard reset the phone, clear the cache, format the SD card, etc... There are a lot of people with this problem, and it has never been narrowed down to a particular app. And there does not seem to be a fix, other than using a different ROM, which is a modified OS.

You can try it and see if you get lucky, but I have tried everything short of using a ROM, to no avail.

totally agree in what you have said, Some phone are affected with this issue and others are ok, so far.
I have had reboot issue in the past to a minor state. However seeing that I Flash Rom's and SBF about twice a month plus use the latest kernel version at this time my phone runs great.
Is there a simple answer, no.
Are there ways to try to fix your issue yes but which one depends on your OS,setting,and installed program.
Yes you may just have a lemon phone .I've read of people having to go through more than one replacement to get a phone that operates the way they expect.

EDIT: Try a Rom....You just may surprise yourself LOL

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

totally agree in what you have said, Some phone are affected with this issue and others are ok, so far.
I have had reboot issue in the past to a minor state. However seeing that I Flash Rom's and SBF about twice a month plus use the latest kernel version at this time my phone runs great.
Are there ways to try to fix your issue yes but which one depends on your OS,setting,and installed program.
Yes you may just have a lemon phone .I've read of people having to go through more than one replacement to get a phone that operates the way they expect.

What ROM would you suggest? I like a slick interface and lots of eye-candy in a phone, it just makes for a nicer user experience.

And what utility do you use to flash the new ROM, and how hard is it to revert back when you want the new Verizon update, like Gingerbread?

kdkinc

Reaction score

What ROM would you suggest? I like a slick interface and lots of eye-candy in a phone, it just makes for a nicer user experience.

And what utility do you use to flash the new ROM, and how hard is it to revert back when you want the new Verizon update, like Gingerbread?

Read this thread Then look into Liberty 1.5.
Your on your way to phone freedom lol

Noob's Guide to a Droid X - xda-developers

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I read that and to be honest, it looks like too much work. A lot of steps, and a lot of things that can go wrong, just to get a marginally better OS on the phone.

I think I will just sit tight for now and see what the Gingerbread update looks like.

kdkinc

Reaction score

Yeah, I read that and to be honest, it looks like too much work. A lot of steps, and a lot of things that can go wrong, just to get a marginally better OS on the phone.

I think I will just sit tight for now and see what the Gingerbread update looks like.

No problem the help is there if you decide later.
I noticed your avatar Nice looking machine !!
If that Bike came with a restrictor plate on the carb would you leave it there ??:):)

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

No problem the help is there if you decide later.
I noticed your avatar Nice looking machine !!
If that Bike came with a restrictor plate on the carb would you leave it there ??:):)

Thanks! Well, this bike is fuel-injected, and I did swap out the stock ECU with a Microtek ECU in order to tune it and unleash all 150hp to the rear wheel.

But then again, I do a lot more with the bike than I will with the phone. I like to mod and fiddle with the phone, but I am only willing to go so far. The issue is that I can go to all that trouble, and then I will have to revert it back soon when Gingerbread is released, and then do it all over again...

CASHPOINT

Reaction score
Install "No Lock" app from the market. It's free and it has stopped all of my reboots!