Reboot after ending call

B-RAN

Reaction score
Hi there.... I am having a reboot issue after each time I end a call. Once I press the end button it goes into a fast reboot (straight to Rubix boot animation). I love this ROM, but this is kind of getting frustrating. I have installed the ROM after clearing data/factory reset and clearing cache. I have also fixed permissions and rebooted with not fix.
Is anyone else getting this? Any other suggestions? THanks

JkdJedi

Reaction score
Hi there.... I am having a reboot issue after each time I end a call. Once I press the end button it goes into a fast reboot (straight to Rubix boot animation). I love this ROM, but this is kind of getting frustrating. I have installed the ROM after clearing data/factory reset and clearing cache. I have also fixed permissions and rebooted with not fix.
I'm having the same problem on GummJar and I'm understanding both these roms have the same base....

OP
B

B-RAN

Reaction score
I recently just loaded GummyJar and it is running smooth and no issues at all.

Update: spoke too soon.... GummyJar does the same thing too! ;o(

Last edited:

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Edit: Gummy Jar does the same thing. This is frustrating.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Not sure, but I assure you it will be looked in to by either Kejar or myself

OP
B

B-RAN

Reaction score
Edit: Gummy Jar does the same thing. This is frustrating.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Not sure, but I assure you it will be looked in to by either Kejar or myself
Awesome... thanks. I'll check back for any updates. Looking forward to getting it fixed and running this thing. Thanks again for your response and your work!

OP
B

B-RAN

Reaction score
Hi there.... I am having a reboot issue after each time I end a call. Once I press the end button it goes into a fast reboot (straight to Gummy boot animation). I love this ROM, but this is kind of getting frustrating. I have installed the ROM after clearing data/factory reset and clearing cache. I have also fixed permissions and rebooted with not fix.

Note: I posted this in the RubiX forum as well because I was running RubiX and switched to Gummy because of this issue. It is my understanding that these ROMS are the same framework, so hopefully someone can come up with a fix to help out both ROM users. Have a great night.

DThomp

Reaction score
I was getting a hot bootwhen ending call, but only because I tried to mod the dialer. Try reinstalling without wiping,then reboot, then theme, if you are using one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
B

B-RAN

Reaction score
I reinstalled everything and think I may have found the problem. After the install and theming when I hit the end call button it didnt bootloop and put the call in the call history. YEAH!!!! I then added the Fabulous mod that gets rid of the clock in the notification bar. After that install, when I made a call it boot looped. Anything out there that is compatible with Rubix that can get rid of the clock in the notification bar. I hate the repetition of the clock with my beautiful widgets home widget. Thanks everyone.

OP
B

B-RAN

Reaction score
I reinstalled everything and think I may have found the problem. After the install and theming when I hit the end call button it didnt bootloop and put the call in the call history. I then added the Fabulous mod that gets rid of the clock in the notification bar. After that install, when I made a call it boot looped. Anything out there that is compatible with Rubix that can get rid of the clock in the notification bar. I hate the repetition of the clock with my beautiful widgets home widget. Thanks everyone.

JkdJedi

Reaction score
I reinstalled everything and think I may have found the problem. After the install and theming when I hit the end call button it didnt bootloop and put the call in the call history. YEAH!!!! I then added the Fabulous mod that gets rid of the clock in the notification bar. After that install, when I made a call it boot looped. Anything out there that is compatible with Rubix that can get rid of the clock in the notification bar. I hate the repetition of the clock with my beautiful widgets home widget. Thanks everyone.
THANKS!! They did mention at the VERY BEGINNING not to flash any themes yet....I guess they meant it!!

JkdJedi

Reaction score
B-Ran: you can try launcher pro. It has the option of hiding the notification bar. I think adw does as well. Should work until you can find a theme/rom that will do it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
ADW hides it and brings it back at the flick of a finger, nice.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Okay so the issue then is not with Rubix but with a theme you are trying to install not working properly with Rubix, right? Other things that can cause instability issues are overclocking, undervolting, changing LCD density, and of course loading themes or mods that don't gel.

OP
B

B-RAN

Reaction score
Okay so the issue then is not with Rubix but with a theme you are trying to install not working properly with Rubix, right? Other things that can cause instability issues are overclocking, undervolting, changing LCD density, and of course loading themes or mods that don't gel.

Correct, after I reinstalled and loaded my set up piece by piece I was able to pinpoint the problem. It was with the mod I was adding at the end which got rid of the clock in the notification bar. Sorry I didnt do this earlier and thanks for your attention.
Is there anyway besides hiding the status bar in Rubix to get rid of the clock?
Happy New Year!