Reasons why you lose Mobile Data signal....is its REALLY your phone? Likely NOT.

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Yakitori: Also want to mention I envy you and the other people out there that are capable of unlocking rooting and development.. And the fact that you can stay one or two possibility 10 steps ahead of the game.. My hat off to you guys.. Wish I had that knowledge but I dont, so I have to wait it out...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Bolded can't be entirely true, since there are currently users without the issues on all the devices. So it is possible that all the current LTE devices have the potential to work perfectly.

But, bad batches could definitely be determined once we're 100% sure the authentication error/network problems are corrected.

Overall I think we both agree with one another, the details on the other hand are obviously going to be blurry between both arguments since we're both making assumptions based on our own data and that of other's personal data.

I agree.. I dont know if anyone here has had any other 4G LTE phones, but my experience with the GNex is pretty much the same as my experience with the Thunderbolt and Bionic. Ive had all these on launch day and the 4G Network service on all of them has been hit and miss at times. Im in the city of San Diego which is supposed to be blanketed with 4G. Still I'd have issues with the Bionic and Thunderbolt where no data at all would come through. Sometimes toggle the data connection fixed it. Other times I'd just manually go to 3G.

I dont think there's anyway that all these phones across multiple manufacters are bad. I think the network simply isnt up to spec yet and isnt meeting people expectations completely.

scdown

Reaction score
Yakitori: The reason or should I say reasons that im not rooted or unlocked are: Im not knowledgeable enough do it myself and need to pay a lad 100.00 to do it for me...

Well, I appreciate the idea of not dorking with your phone if you don't understand what you're doing to it - I'm just sorry that you had to pay someone that much to do it, because when you figure it out, you'll realize it really wasn't $100 of effort.

@ElectroM is right - there are VERY simple ways out there to get your phone unlocked, rooted, and ROMed, but beyond that, you're capable of getting the knowledge necessary to do this. You don't have to be a programmer. You don't have to be a hacker. You have to understand some terminology. You have to understand what the tools are, and when they're used, and what you get for using them. And you have to be able to follow directions well. That's about it - there are well-written, step-by-step guides to doing this. Am I saying it's risk free? No. Am I saying it's low risk? You bet. And the Nexus particularly makes it easy to clean up after your mistakes. The RAZR, not so much, because its locked bootloader won't let you revert baseband firmware, etc.

I only say this to you because if this is your third+ Android phone, it's unlikely to be your last - and wouldn't you like to know how to do this? :biggrin:

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Getting back on topic to the OP, I lost data for two days straight, then all of a sudden, it returned. WTF? Are you saying my phone could not authenticate correctly for that entire time? It finally worked when I drove 80 miles away, and 4G finally connected.

Now off topic @ pabowhunter, if you do the research on how to root, you will discover it's not as challenging as you think BUT don't root just to root. Root to solve a problem that can't be solved unrooted. I don't agree with your reasons not to root, but I do agree with your right not to root. You have an Android device, this means you are smart enough in my book.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Im starting to think there is a batch of GN that are bad.... my phone at work has full LTE signal.. my co-workers cuts in and out all day, battery dies before the shift is over.. Example, I just downloaded "we sold our soul for rock n roll" off my server.. no issues.. my co-workers phone lost signal about 4 times in that time period.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im starting to think there is a batch of GN that are bad.... my phone at work has full LTE signal.. my co-workers cuts in and out all day, battery dies before the shift is over.. Example, I just downloaded "we sold our soul for rock n roll" off my server.. no issues.. my co-workers phone lost signal about 4 times in that time period.

Definitely possible.

When the original Droid came out, I went through 4 units before I got one that would stay connected to data consistently. Luckily that one lasted 2 years and was a refurb actually.