Really want the DNA but....

Reaction score
So I've been sitting on this "new every two" upgrade for sometime now, and I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the DNA. Since I have the bionic, I'm wondering what will Motorola's 5 inch response be to all the new big phones. Just my luck, they'll do a RAZR Maxx HD, 5 - 5.5 inch, quad core, super duper something right after my 14 days are up. Anybody know what Motorola is working on?

For VZW Droid Coupons. Contact Me.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
So I've been sitting on this "new every two" upgrade for sometime now, and I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the DNA. Since I have the bionic, I'm wondering what will Motorola's 5 inch response be to all the new big phones. Just my luck, they'll do a RAZR Maxx HD, 5 - 5.5 inch, quad core, super duper something right after my 14 days are up. Anybody know what Motorola is working on?

For VZW Droid Coupons. Contact Me.

I thinks I'm done holding out hope for Motorola to go cutting edge. I've had the OG Droid, X, and now the Bionic, and outside of the OG Droid which brought me to the smartphone world when it was introduced, Moto seems to be in a following mode on most devices. Love the very solid build, and outside of the known issues with data on the Bionic, they've had outstanding radio performance.

However, Samsung (and it now appears LG and HTC, albeit with a small battery) are beginning to really push the technology ahead and it's time for Motorola to either put up, or forever hold their peace. Love to see it happen with a Moto device, and the DNA is beautiful (though dammit, the battery would irk me to no end), but the Galaxy S4 is well ahead of the pack in becoming my next "microcomputer that also happens to be a phone".

Shel

Reaction score
So I've been sitting on this "new every two" upgrade for sometime now, and I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the DNA. Since I have the bionic, I'm wondering what will Motorola's 5 inch response be to all the new big phones. Just my luck, they'll do a RAZR Maxx HD, 5 - 5.5 inch, quad core, super duper something....

I had the Thunderbolt for about a year and a half. It started to freeze up, I'd reboot, wipe the device, reset it and a week later, it would start to freeze up all over again.

Verizon sent me a new device, which, about two months later, I again had trouble with.

So... after a lot of begging and pleading, Verizon agreed to send me a Razr in exchange for the Thunderbolt.

I've enjoyed the (original) Razr. It's been responsive, hasn't slowed down and has a nice screen and is amazingly thin!

However... battery life was/is atrocious!

I'm due for an upgrade, and looked at the new Razr Maxx HD. While it looks nice, and has what's supposed to be fantastic battery life, the DNA, to MY EYES... looks MUCH nicer!

Frankly, once the Razr lost it's slim figure... it's design didn't really grab me.

I went to a Verizon store just to play around with the DNA, check out it's screen, and see if I wanted to upgrade, or just hold off. I'm NOT unhappy with the original Razr, more just ready for a change.

Well... the DNA's screen is simply amazing! I like the soft touch finish, with red highlights. I'll probably not get a case for this phone, as it's already on the larger side.

My DNA arrives today, and I can't wait!~ dancedroid

As an added bonus/incentive, Verizon is giving customers who purchase a new device until Jan. 15, 2013 to decide if they want to keep it, or return it for a full refund! Can't beat that!