read out of text mgs senders name

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Can anyone tell me how to shut off the phone from reading out the name of the person texting me???? Very annoying

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
If you pull down the notification bar and look at the settings along the top, scroll all the way to the right. I'd be willing to bet "Drivers Mode" is turned on, as this is a feature of it.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
k1ngr4t said:
If you pull down the notification bar and look at the settings along the top, scroll all the way to the right. I'd be willing to bet "Drivers Mode" is turned on, as this is a feature of it.

Thanks dude that was it

Now only if u can correct my email issu

I notice my e mail doesnt sync up when i sent something from my computer, and i would go into my sent folders on my phone that i just sent from my pc....and the e mail is not their....same thing goes when i get an e mail or a few thruout the day and delete them, however when i go home at night their still in my inbox on my phone like i didnt see them....earlier through out the day...weird....and annoying....any suggestions

Last edited:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I was wondering why my phone was suddenly telling me I had a text message from so-and-so! I wish the drop-down actions were customizable like they are on the Lucid

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Thanks dude that was it

Now only if u can correct my email issu

I notice my e mail doesnt sync up when i sent something from my computer, and i would go into my sent folders on my phone that i just sent from my pc....and the e mail is not their....same thing goes when i get an e mail or a few thruout the day and delete them, however when i go home at night their still in my inbox on my phone like i didnt see them....earlier through out the day...weird....and annoying....any suggestions

Sounds like a setting issue, something along the lines of an auto/interval update or something. What app do you use for email?

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
k1ngr4t said:
Sounds like a setting issue, something along the lines of an auto/interval update or something. What app do you use for email?

I use the stock email app

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
As in the "Email" app, right? Not the Gmail one? If Email, how many/what accounts do you have set up?

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
k1ngr4t said:
As in the "Email" app, right? Not the Gmail one? If Email, how many/what accounts do you have set up?

Not g mail aol mail 2 accounts....I cleared the app data and removed the accounts an still same issue

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Have you checked the AOL settings on your computer? Maybe it needs to get permission or something. It definitely sounds like a sync setting problem though.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
jared845 said:
Not g mail aol mail 2 accounts....I cleared the app data and removed the accounts an still same issue

Quick question for you since you have AOL. My coworker sold a phone to a member the other day and he has AOL. He wants all of his contacts from AOL on his phone. Do you have yours in your phone?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well since it doesn't seem like this is a widespread issue (even among the forums), I'd say it's definitely a setting issue. So I'm sure you have already, but definitely double check every setting in the app, the phone, and on AOL.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
k1ngr4t said:
Have you checked the AOL settings on your computer? Maybe it needs to get permission or something. It definitely sounds like a sync setting problem though.

Not an aol setting issue I had no issues with previous phone

twildman

Reaction score
I was wondering why my phone was suddenly telling me I had a text message from so-and-so! I wish the drop-down actions were customizable like they are on the Lucid

As far as the driving mode is concerned, go to settings, language and input, text-to-speech output and then touch the driving mode line, and then it will give you a list of things to select to enable or disable to hear.