Re-arranging Artist/Songs into Specific Albums

asctony

Reaction score
I have tried various Music Players and still have not found a solution to do the following:
1. Select all songs by a specific artist and play those songs one after another.
2. Move various songs by a specific artist into a album.
Specifically what I am trying to do is to build an album for a specific artist and show all songs on my phone in that one album. I have Celine Dion and when I use the ARTIST option she is listed with 4 separate albums, but there is really only 1 album and three other separate songs with different artist signing with her. The same applies for Kenny Rogers as he is shown 6 separate times as 6 separate albums.
Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for your help.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most music apps rely on the tags. If you want to "put songs into an album" then you have to edit the album in the tag info.

I know I've used apps that allow you to select all songs by a given artist. I don't recall which ones specifically. Have you tried Poweramp?

OP
A

asctony

Reaction score
Most music apps rely on the tags. If you want to "put songs into an album" then you have to edit the album in the tag info.

I know I've used apps that allow you to select all songs by a given artist. I don't recall which ones specifically. Have you tried Poweramp?

Just installed Poweramp and can't see where I can do it. Is there an apk that allows editing an album tag info? I know I could do it on iTunes with my iPhone, but can't seem to find a way on the Android.
Thanks for your time and help. I do appreciate it.