RC3 problems for me, probably user error.

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Okay so I had been running the CM6.1rc2 build for the past few days and for the most part its been without issue (I dont use bluetooth all that much and the only other nuance I've had is that my notification ringtones reset to the install default after every reboot). So I gave rc3 a try and am having issues getting it up and running correctly. My issue with the g apps, I know everyone is shocked, but after downloading rc3 though ROM manager and the g apps add on I was presented with the new account login screen when my phone booted. The problem is that when I touched the Android it would not register to move me to the next screen, so I used the bypass code and figured I could just do it in the accounts and sync option in the menu. Well I was wrong, it doesn't show up as an option to add yet all the icons for the google apps are there, they just open and close. So this is where I'm stuck, I've tried redownloading the gapps but i still cant get them to log in. Any suggestion will be helpful, as I think I'm going to end up having to do full wipe and fresh install to try and get this right :(

illmatic636

Reaction score
Reboot into recovery and go to Install zip. and locate the clockwork folder. Inside that folder you will find the gapps. Flash it again and see what happens. Otherwise you may want to nandroid back to previous rom and do a full wipe.

OP
DroidHoff

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips everyone. I broke down and did a full wipe and install and managed to be able to get signed in and get my gapps working. However now I'm getting disappearing widgets everytime I unlock my phone. I've made sure that they are not installed on the ol sd card but that doent seem to help grrrr. It seems as if rc1 and rc3 just dislike my phone although I'm sure its just me. On a side note its been so long since I had to reconfigure adw that I can't seem to find where I am able to increase the desktop number, I had thought it was by where you select the default desktop # but I can't find it and am stuck on 5 desktops. Thanks again

dpaine88

Reaction score
I have no idea what the widget problem is.

However, in order to change the screens on ADW, just hit "Menu" on the home screen, and then "Edit" and go from there.