Razr Maxx working fine for 2 weeks now will not push or fetch emails

shutterbunny

Reaction score
My main email which I must have working is an @msn.com email address. I have a hotmail account and of course a gmail account. For 2 weeks all was working well and everything was syncing, pushing, fetching, etc. My Maxx is 2 weeks old because I had to take back a Razr and with the downgrade in price saw no reason to stay with a razr when I could do the maxx for the same price. Quickly, the Razr had many bugs--camera only worked sporadically, recording videos would cause freezing and shut down issues and my favorite, even with all the battery saving things done right, I was under 3 hours on the battery life...not acceptable. The Maxx has proven its worth in the battery life category! However, now after 2 weeks, what was all working wonderfully is not--no notifications for texts or emails--none of the emails push or refresh or are fetched--it can go two days without ever checking anywhere for emails. My msn account says it cannot be pushed so I have it set to fetch every 15 minute--annoying as my Droid 2 was fine with pushing out msn account. The hotmail account is set to push but it isnt doing anything either. My gmail account is now totally absent from the list--I can only get to it from manage apps all apps. Please advise. I have no smart actions running. Everything is set as it was for the past 2 weeks--it's just not working--any help would be appreciated. Oh, and I have not installed any apps in the last 2 weeks--I installed them the day I purchased and that was that.

:icon_evil:Michelle

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hi Michelle, try this... long press on the home screen, select Widgets, scroll down to "toggle: power control, tap it. Now make sure that the two arrows forming a circle(data sync) is enabled. It will show a green notification in that box.

With this widget you can also control Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth.

If the sync is disabled, your phone won't sync with email.

Also, are you using a battery saver other than smart actions??

If so, you may consider deleting it.

Hope thus helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

fireman00

Reaction score
same thing has happened to me. Verizon had me do a reset 4 times then sent me a new SD card. Problem continues. If I re-enter my passwords my accounts will push/ pull for a couple of days then will stop.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
same thing has happened to me. Verizon had me do a reset 4 times then sent me a new SD card. Problem continues. If I re-enter my passwords my accounts will push/ pull for a couple of days then will stop.

Did you try the suggestion above?? Because if you have a battery saver this can be the issue.. hope this helps?

Caesars

Reaction score
A few possible ideas/things to look for.

1-do you have any battery saving apps installed (besides smart actions)?

2-is your phone set to auto update apps? I doubt any would update and actually change a data off/on schedule, but you never know.

3-When you hit the sync button inside the mail app do they all come through right away?

4-as someone else mentioned, do you have "sync" enabled on your phone?

5-do you have the moto "battery saver" option enabled? This is not located in smart actions, if you have large email files they may be queueing up until you get to a wifi area. Then they may all show up at once when you connect to wifi.

6-if you have your email on an accessible computer, I would try removing the account and reinstalling multiple times and hope it works. I recently had to delete and add a hotmail account a few times before it actually worked properly.

7-if all else fails hard reset, ensure you backed up all information that you want to maintain and when you activate don't put a bunch of apps on right away and hope for the best. For most people hard resets are last resorts, for me it's almost an automatic response with Android lol.

Good luck mate

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Caesars, now I'm someone else?? I'm insulted!! :D lol

OP
S

shutterbunny

Reaction score
sorry guys storm knocked out power

Though maxx's battery would have held up! Anyway, sync is on, no battery saver stuff...don't even have it on a dim screen...no apps that update automatically, not set to do anything on wifi and yes if I manually sync I get everything immediately. Today it fetched once all by itself...didn't do anything right before that special moment, I guess it just worked for a second...sigh...frustrating! I had zero issues with Droid 2 so it isn't as if the signal doesn't work here or I'm new to the smart phone thing...I started the smartphone thing with the motorola Q...just something silly I know because there is just no way I have two glitchy razr s!! Any more thoughts?

Caesars

Reaction score
If you have access to your emails on another device (computer/tablet) I would delete the account and readd it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Go into settings, applications, manage applications, scroll down to the app that your using, example, gmail. Tap on it. tap on clear data and the tap force close. It will pop up a warning, just tap OK. Now go back to the app and manually pull your email again, then try sending yourself an email and see what happens.

fireman00

Reaction score
Did you try the suggestion above?? Because if you have a battery saver this can be the issue.. hope this helps?

The only action that Smart Action is set to perform is shut off GPS. I'm not using any other battery saver.

Side note, I went into Settings/ Accounts and checked each email account - the passwords were missing again. Anyone have an idea what would cause this?

Last edited: