RAZR MAXX loading screen and nothing else...

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
There is something seriously wrong with my RAZR. For some reason there is no way to shut it off! Everytime I hit the reset button or hold down power, the Motorola "M" shows up and then the DROID logo pops up. I swear, every time I turn off the phone it turns back on again. And it just stays at the loading screen. I know how to reboot the phone and the steps needed to do so.

The night this first occured, I had made a phone call and after the first two rings, the phone just shut off. Later on in the evening, I noticed that the program I use to help protect my phone, Avast, malfunctions and I got all these warnings that my phone had been infected with malware, virus, trojan, etc. This had never happened to me before. I told my friends that my phone had contracted a virus and they were all, "I didn't know that was possible!" Anyway, after I got rid of avast and logged out of everything from my e-mail to Facebook, I took the phone to Verizon and they said I don't need to use virus protection programs for my phone. Either way, I had them take a look at my phone and told it was time for an upgrade. I should be getting the phone in the mail within the next few days.

When I finally did get my phone to work after deleting avast and some programs, I got the Verizon Cloud and saved everything to it. They said to me that when my phone came in the mail, for me to use the Cloud on my current phone and then take it in the store so they could transfer the contacts/pictures/etc. But, since I can't even get my phone to go to the home screen, I'm not even sure what will happen to the Cloud. Would any of you know what would happen if I do factory reset? Will the Cloud erase as well as everything else? Or is there a possibility that it would be automatically forwarded to my Verizon account?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Are your contacts saved to your Google account? If they are, you will not need Verizon Cloud. Are your pictures saved to the SD card? If they are, you will not need Verizon Cloud for that either. Doing the FDR will wipe the phone, so it depends on where you save your Pics, music, contacts, etc.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

DOCooper

Reaction score
Ditto on the shutting off problems and freezing in the boot screen (reactor/eyeball or whatever you wan to call it). Electrical arcs move around but that is it. Soft reset -- with screen flash -- does nothing. Cache clearing and otherwise rebooting from the Android (power button/volume up and down) menus does nothing. All comes back to the boot screen. Vanilla Droid Razer Maxx, no mods of any type, v 4.1.2. Problem started on Jan 13 and progressed to this frozen mode on 14th. Also it appears none of the auto-backups were happening ((lesson learned here, check to make certain they are working) so contacts, calendar and some photos are on the motherboard -- confirmed not on the SD card. There was an OS update pending that I noticed during the early stages but did not manually apply.

Various other threads have talked about applying an Android utility tool -- understood there are specific versions for GB and ICS -- but I cannot locate a functioning link for the ICS version nor am I clear on how to get it on the phone and working. Not a novice but not a pro with these devices.