Razr Maxx Case

djjfoxhunts

Reaction score
I love my new Razr Maxx and have learned so much from reading here in the forum. Thanks to all for the great information. As a new Maxx owner, I'm concerned about protecting my wonderful new phone. Battery life has been disappointing, but I'm doing what has been suggested to help the battery perform at its best.

However, a case is my concern at the moment. I live in the country, am outside a fair amount with the phone stuck in my pocket. My previous phones have been dropped on various surfaces with little damage to the phone or case but the snap together cases frequently come apart when they hit the ground. I am much more concerned about protecting the Maxx than any of my previous phones.

So, I'm looking at the following TPU cases: Ditztronic, the Cruzerlite or the Incipio.

Or maybe the Trident Aegis Silicone case? Do the TPU cases protect the phone enough?

I am so confused. I want the protection but I also want the barely there look of the TPU cases.

Does the Aegis make the Maxx thick and bulky?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I should probably confess that I really do like colorful cases.

Debby

OP
D

djjfoxhunts

Reaction score
Thanks for the link but it's for a Razr and not the Maxx. Maybe I should buy one of the TPU cases and wait for more choices for the Maxx.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hi and welcome to the forum! I personally like the otterbox defender. I have a defender on all of my phones:)

But each person has there own idea of what FEELS right. And its important that you find what's right for you :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

OP
D

djjfoxhunts

Reaction score
I know the defender is a great case, but i simply hate the thought of having such a huge (in my mind) case. I am now going to date myself. My perfect phone would be the old Razr flip phone as a smart phone. Yes, I know that goes against the bigger and better screens. However, I would sacrifice the bigger and better simply to have a folding phone that fit in my jeans pocket. I realize I am alone in my desire, but that's my dream phone.

I want the protection of the defender but the low profile of the tpu case. Probably another fantasy.

PrymalDark

Reaction score
My perfect phone would be the old Razr flip phone as a smart phone.

I had one of those! I remember thinking the first Moto Razr was cool, but the Razr 2 was out by the time I could get a new device. I loved that phone. I feel the same way about my Razr Maxx. I am beginning to believe that 'Razr' is a Motorola code word for 'awesome device'.

I use the Otterbox Defender on my Maxx, and would not have it any other way. Just try to get it off the phone, and you will be convinced that it won't pop off on accident. Though the device may be a little larger with the Defender, I know it is safe. Personally, I don't use it as a phone without using either speakerphone or bluetooth, so the 'rubber covered brick' form factor doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Good luck finding a case, and hopefully you can enjoy your Maxx as much as I do mine.

Prymal'Dark

Mindracer

Reaction score
I hear you...

I just gave up my old Motorola Tundra rugged phone for the Razr Maxx. It wasn't smart, but it took a heck of a beating and got signals in places where no other device could. I also loved the ability to just stuff it in a pocket and go. I had considered Otterbox and Aegis to help give the Razr Mazz some of the indestructability that the Tundra had, but they are bulky. I settled on a Zagg Invisible Shield as a screen protector. It's one of a very few that doesn't come in a three pack because it's the only one you'll ever need. I have Zaggs on eight other devices and wouldn't give them up. As for the case, I wound up with the holster and case for Droid Razr Maxx. Verizon sells them online and in their stores for about $30. I've also seen it on Amazon for about half that. While not bombproof, it seems to offer decent protection. The case snaps onto the back of the phone, and then phone and attached case slip into a holster that has a belt clip. It's a little big for a belt device, but it can work. The plus is that when in the holster, my phone is completely covered and will survive minor bumps if it's in a pocket or purse.

johnolenardo

Reaction score
Which case did you end up purchasing? I've never purchased a chase as I've opted for something a bit different (screen protectors) which seem to do the job well.

Mindracer

Reaction score
I use a screen protector in addition to a case and holster combo, Verizon product number Part#: MOTDRDX2HOC It's on the Verizon website in the accessory section. A hard shell with a rubberized surface snaps onto the back of the device, and then slips into the holster, which has a belt clip. While not the sturdiest, it does seem to offer a fair amount of protection and the holster further protects the screen. When theh phone is in actual use, the case is fairly unobtrusive, and it takes up little bulk. Unless I'm using the phone, I always keep it in the holster, whether I clip it to a belt or slip it into a pocket. One merchant sells the case for considerably less on Amazon - I think it's about half the price. I got mine at the Verizon store because I get a corporate discount that made the price only a bit more than the online price plus shipping. The only caveat I 've heard about this particular case is that the kickstand is somewhat fragile, but I don't use it, so I can't personally address that issue.

Last edited:

Samsicle

Reaction score
I just sent my RAZR in for repairs. Had the phone in my pocket and must have flexed it a little too much because the lcd screen (not the gorilla glass) cracked and no longer worked. A little searchinig and I found that these screens are a little delicate, I believe it's because the screen and GG are basically the structure of the phone. So my question is this: Are there hard cases out there that would add some rigidity without too much bulk? I don't think I am hard on my phone and I've never dropped it. All the major manufacturers make claims about protection from being dropped but I want protection from being bent.

Plus maybe one with a decent holster and I could probably avoid this issue by not having it in a pocket in the first place.

Slickwraps

Reaction score
I love my new Razr Maxx and have learned so much from reading here in the forum. Thanks to all for the great information. As a new Maxx owner, I'm concerned about protecting my wonderful new phone. Battery life has been disappointing, but I'm doing what has been suggested to help the battery perform at its best.

However, a case is my concern at the moment. I live in the country, am outside a fair amount with the phone stuck in my pocket. My previous phones have been dropped on various surfaces with little damage to the phone or case but the snap together cases frequently come apart when they hit the ground. I am much more concerned about protecting the Maxx than any of my previous phones.

So, I'm looking at the following TPU cases: Ditztronic, the Cruzerlite or the Incipio.

Or maybe the Trident Aegis Silicone case? Do the TPU cases protect the phone enough?

I am so confused. I want the protection but I also want the barely there look of the TPU cases.

Does the Aegis make the Maxx thick and bulky?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I should probably confess that I really do like colorful cases.

Debby

Hey djjfoxhunts ,

If your looking for the "barely there" look as well as colorful and protective, you should really look at some of the wraps that we offer at Slickwraps. We make our wraps with a shock-absorbent material, so they are extremely protective. If you're living in the country they're also great protection from dust and scratches. They are a high-quality adhesive that apply directly to the phone and can be removed and reused whenever you would like, without leaving behind any residue. They'll look like they're a part of your phone! We have some really great styles and textures that will definitely make your phone stand out. Check them out here>> Droid RAZR MAXX wraps

Hope you'll take a look!

View attachment 53472

Pauline K.
Slickwraps.com