RAZR Maxx + BT keyboard. Ideas, thoughts, comments plz.

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
I want to get a Bluetooth keyboard to control my phone while watching YouTube videos from my couch with phone hooked via HDMI.

I have no clue as to good from bad.

Looking for suggestions and possibly comments from those doing this.

Thx in advance.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I want to get a Bluetooth keyboard to control my phone while watching YouTube videos from my couch with phone hooked via HDMI.

Thx in advance.
I use a Bluetooth keyboard with my Nexus 7 and it works fine with my Maxx also. There are quite a few Bluetooth keyboards out there. Some of the best I have found are made by Logitech. For the price, quality, reliability and the specs it's hard to beat them. I think you'll find it's going to boil down to price and size...really a matter of personal preference.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Thx in advance.

I bought an (cough, cough...), err, Apple (oh damn, I said it...) keyboard at a yard sale. Cost me $30, it's all Aluminum (including the keys), thin as a hard-back book cover, and syncs right up with my MAXX. I also use a Microsoft BT mouse, works perfectly as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
I was just at a couple stores. I saw both Wireless and Bluetooth keyboards. Packages being labeled as such I gather there may be a difference? From $30 - $80 or so.

And as follow up..... it would seem windows or apple based, Bluetooth is Bluetooth and should work either system equally well?

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I bought an (cough, cough...), err, Apple (oh damn, I said it...) keyboard at a yard sale. Cost me $30, it's all Aluminum (including the keys), thin as a hard-back book cover, and syncs right up with my MAXX. I also use a Microsoft BT mouse, works perfectly as well.

OMG...you dare say that word...and you're a Super Moderator...what is this forum coming to:question:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

OMG...you dare say that word...and you're a Super Moderator...what is this forum coming to:question:

:rofl3: :icon_ rofl:!! :icon_ devil:

Here's what it looks like:

View attachment 58603

Ref: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC184J/B/apple-wireless-keyboard?afid=p219|GOUS&cid=AOS-US-KWG-PLA

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I was just at a couple stores. I saw both Wireless and Bluetooth keyboards. Packages being labeled as such I gather there may be a difference? From $30 - $80 or so.

And as follow up..... it would seem windows or apple based, Bluetooth is Bluetooth and should work either system equally well?

Not completely true. For instance, the A.... keyboard I have has buttons that do nothing with my phone, but it essentially duplicates all that I need it to, cursors, caps, even the audio volume works. Though I have a Mini-A.... keyboard (similar to the one below), that certain functions are not duplicated for my phone.

View attachment 58604

Last edited:
OP
D

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
Looks like I'm set. Just need to buy one now and get to using it. Great help guys thx much