Razr M won't stay connected with my car bluetooth

Lori_PA

Reaction score
Hello,

Have an issue with the bluetooth connection in my car. I paired the phone...no problem. I get in the car, phone connects, all is well. About a minute later, message pops up on the screen in my car...disconnected. 10 seconds later....reconnected etc etc. Back and forth. I have tried unpairing and repairing. Bluetooth settings on my phone show it is paired & only visible to paired devices.

Any ideas?

I'll call Verizon today, but I'm quite sure they'll say the fault lies with my car. My previous phone was an LG and it worked flawlessly.

Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

dan.dar

Reaction score
What car? I remember there was a problem with some BMWs way back when. I think there was a firmware update for the car's radios, don't quote me on that though. This phone works perfectly fine with my aftermarket Pioneer.

OP
L

Lori_PA

Reaction score
What car? I remember there was a problem with some BMWs way back when. I think there was a firmware update for the car's radios, don't quote me on that though. This phone works perfectly fine with my aftermarket Pioneer.

Sorry....its a 2012 Honda CRV. I'm going to check with Honda and see if there might be an update that I need. Thanks for your response.

juan6uerra

Reaction score
same issue

I have a 2010 Tiguan, and my Razr M is doing the same thing! I had no problems with my droid 2 prior to this. Please keep me posted.. Thanks!

bmetelsky

Reaction score
No problem pairing and working great with a 2013 Soul...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This may not help, but go into manage apps, there are two Bluetooth apps listed, I think they're still listed on the m.... clear data and force close both of them.

Reboot the phone.

Now rescan and pair with your car... see if it helps at all..

Last edited:

juan6uerra

Reaction score
nope

This may not help, but go into manage apps, there are two Bluetooth apps listed, I think they're still listed on the m.... clear data and force close both of them.

Reboot the phone.

Now rescan and pair with your car... see if it helps at all..

nada

twinsister23

Reaction score
My husbands Razr M does the same thing

My husband's Razr M will not stay connected to bluetooth in our Honda Odyssy Van. It goes on and off so we just keep the blue tooth on his phone off when in the car. Very anoying. I hope someone finds a solution to it. My Galaxy S3 connects just fine.

RAZR_dude

Reaction score
RAZR-M keeps disconnecting from Honda bluetooth

I saw this problem discussed when I was looking for a compatible phone for my 2013 Honda CR-V; the RAZR-M was about the most compatible according to the Honda web site. I just got the phone, connected it to the car, and went for a long drive. Every few minutes the car disconnected the phone, then re-connected about 7 seconds later. I pulled over and looked at the Bluetooth settings on the phone. It turns out the HandsFreeLink was asking if it could access the phone messaging system. I said OK, and clicked the setting that allows the car to access messages in the future without asking (I forget the terminology it used). Problem solved!

juan6uerra

Reaction score
Fixed!

this issue was resolved with the update released a couple days ago