razr m compared to thunderbolt

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Am getting the razr m as I can't pass up the $.01 price for it from amazon. A few questions though.
how is the battery on the m and signal? Will it be as good as my thunderbolt and make me forget about my thunderbolt? I haven't found one yet that has the battery life and signal of the thunderbolt plus durability. Most I am guarding with my life whereas if I drop my thunderbolt it may fall apart but it comes back almost unscathed.​

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
For me, both signal and battery life has been excellent. No dropped calls and have not dropped data either (although some have complained of data problems). Battery I get at least 14 hours with very heavy usage but almost always get at least 24 or more with moderate usage.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
Sounds good to me. Just wanted to make sure I finally found the phone to replace my aging thunderbolt.

Nyguy7

Reaction score
My last phone was the HTC evo 3D, which many say is very similar to the thunderbolt.. I feel that the HTC Evo 3d, was overall, a better phone
than the Razr M.. The only real things that the razr has over the evo, is that the razr's battery life is much better (8 or 9 hrs heavy usage), compared to the evo's (5 hrs). Also, the razr is thinner and and the razr's amoled screen has some awesome black levels,.. Now, what the evo, had over the razr m, is.. the evo,
has a true 4.3 screen, the screen is much clearer, and shows much more detail.. The evo had better call reception, (I drop more calls with my razr on Verizon, then I did with my evo on Sprint) ,, it also had more features, with the htc evo, you did not have to scroll from side to side to read articles online, the text wrapping feature on it, made it one of the best phones on the planet you could get for web surfing and reading articles online.. That being said, for what the razr costs, it's a very solid phone and a great choice..

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I actually retired my Razr maxx for the Razr M. And i loved my Maxx. But I love the size of the M, the display is much nicer and I like the true ICS (now JB). The only thing my Maxx had that my M does not is more internal storage (has not been any problem and I have over 100 apps), smaller battery (get almost the same amount of use), front facing camera is not as good (which I never ever use) and no hdmi (which I also never use).

Sent from my AT100 using Droid Forums