How do you shut off E-Mail notifications

Jailguard

Reaction score
Hello all I just got the Razr M a week ago and coming from a Thunderbolt the battery life has been a god send. The Thunderbolt would only last a single 12hour shift with me having to put it on the charger on the way home and that was with the extend battery and data shut off. The M will go 2 days before it hits 25% and the smart widgets kick in. I am really liking it a lot. My only problem is I haven been able to figure out how to shut off my E-mail notification and still keep my text notification.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums jailguard! From the email app, to turn off email notifications, open the email app, go to the settings, click on the email client for whichever emails you want to stop notification, then scroll to email notifications and uncheck the "notify in the system bar when email arrives."

For the gmail app, open that app, click on settings, click on your email app, and uncheck "email notifications."

Have fun with your M. I'm loving mine!

journeygal

Reaction score
Totally confused

DHow do I go into the settings for notifications to turn off the sound for email, gmail, and fb? I only want the notification sound for text messages. I was able to do this with my DroidX, but haven't a clue how to go about it with the RazorM.