Email reminder shut off?

idaudi

Reaction score
Had my X for a couple days now, last night it was going off a lot, and (while sleeping) just assumed I was getting a lot of emails, and when I woke up I had only one e-mail and one txt, I figured out it was a email reminder, I have messed with every notification setting I could find and i cannot find anything anywhere how to shut off the email reminder.. I would like it to just beep once when I get one and thats it.. seems it "reminds me" about every 12 minutes.. kind of annoying.. I have searched all over the internet and here and cannot find a solution.. love my phone a lot but this could be a deal breaker if I cannot find a way to shut that off, without having to shut off email completely at night.

Any suggestions? or am i missing something?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using the Email app or Gmail app? If it's the Email app, I strongly urge you to NOT use it as there are several bugs that make it a piece of junk.

OP
I

idaudi

Reaction score
re

Im not sure exactly. I guess just the one that came with the phone i use roadrunner yahoo and msn everything works perfectly except not being able to shut off the reminder if i don't check the email right away. Just not sure how to shut it off. There has to be a solution?

eltoddo

Reaction score
Alright, now for those of us who are using their phone for other email accounts besides gmail...

I have 8 accounts which I need to manage notification/reminder options for. Since there's no way to set separate notifications on a per email account basis, it would be a great help to stop reminders from keeping my phone vibrating for half the work day.

Any idea how to change (shut off, set interval, etc.) reminders for email, or any alerts?

This shouldn't be so complicated.