RAZR ICS Screenshot

Chaynes

Reaction score
Twitter
@ChaynesShoes
Now that RAZR & RAZR MAXX have received their updates to Android 4.0.4 we have the ability to do screenshot without root access.

Just hold the volume down + the power button for about 2 secs. and ta-da screenshot.
:biggrin:

sdavis630

Reaction score
Awesome!!!! Some of the screenshot apps for root DO NOT work. The image looked like snow on a TV.

211SSW

Reaction score
Chayne, then it's found where? Gallery? Or where?

I'm interested n screenshot but need to know where it will be! Simply states!

lizjm7

Reaction score
I cant do it :( do i need an app for it of its part of the update?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
lizjm7 said:
I cant do it :( do i need an app for it of its part of the update?

It's built in to ICS. Are you running Android 4.0.4? If so, you should be able to hold the volume down and the power key at the same time for a second or two and it will make a shutter noise and save the shoot

211SSW

Reaction score
Thanks for reply-I needed to know where the screenshot could be found!

It sounds so basic but let's face it, when the phone is new to owner, all the basic stuff is mystery unless it's the 63rd smartphone they've had. I appreciate your seeing my question and telling me exactly where it will be found.

greggpath

Reaction score
Now that RAZR & RAZR MAXX have received their updates to Android 4.0.4 we have the ability to do screenshot without root access.

Just hold the volume down + the power button for about 2 secs. and ta-da screenshot.
:biggrin:

Is there a setting that needs to be changed first? I have a brand new Maxx and when I hit the volume down and power button, it just lowers the phone volume and brings up the shut-down screen after a few seconds (as it would normally do).

NeverdelSol

Reaction score
No setting change is required. You just have to hit the buttons at the same time and the shot will happen, you can see it taking place.

You said it's brand new, is it still on Gingerbread?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
greggpath said:
Is there a setting that needs to be changed first? I have a brand new Maxx and when I hit the volume down and power button, it just lowers the phone volume and brings up the shut-down screen after a few seconds (as it would normally do).

Welcome to DF greggpath. If you have a brand new Maxx, it is possible that is still on the GB and hasn't updated to ICS yet...which would explain why the screen shot feature is not working.

To check, go to settings and about phone. If your Android version is still 2.3.x then you are on GB. ICS would be Android version 4.0.4. If not ICS, then on that same screen click system updates and your phone should start the update process to ICS.

View attachment 55533

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums