Screenshot will not work

JParkins

Reaction score
So, I have browsed through all the posts on screenshots on the Razr Maxx, and mine will not capture screenshots no matter what I try. I do indeed have ICS, and I had tried the factory reset and starting fresh. No matter what I do, it will only adjust the volume. I also tried to disable the Smart Actions, as others had problems with that.

Anyone else have this problem or have ideas? Thanks.

OP
JParkins

JParkins

Reaction score
And now everytime I try it, it restarts the phone.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you pressing volume down and the power button at the exact same time?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

OP
JParkins

JParkins

Reaction score
I have tried pushing both at the same time, pushing the power button before the volume and vice versa. Other posts have indicated needing to hold for as long as 10 seconds. If I push them together and hold for more than 5 seconds, the phone simply resets. Otherwise it only turns the volume down.

GotnFX

Reaction score
I have tried pushing both at the same time, pushing the power button before the volume and vice versa. Other posts have indicated needing to hold for as long as 10 seconds. If I push them together and hold for more than 5 seconds, the phone simply resets. Otherwise it only turns the volume down.

It is finicky on ICS..It is all about timing. Always do volume down first.. Then power button and hold both down for 10 secs.. .but you have to do it fast..again It really is all about timing.

GotnFX

Reaction score

It is all about timing.. Try to do volume down first then quickly push down on the power button and hold for 10 secs.. It is finicky on ICS.. Again It is all about timing..

OP
JParkins

JParkins

Reaction score
I have been trying all day. If i hold the volume down first, it just continues to drop the volume, sits there, then restarts the phone.

Redalert

Reaction score
I have been trying all day. If i hold the volume down first, it just continues to drop the volume, sits there, then restarts the phone.

I myself, hold power and vol. Down at same time and release after 2sec. Works everytime.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
JParkins

JParkins

Reaction score
Finally got it to work. I had to take the otter box case off to get it. After some work i could figure it out with the case on, but it's much tougher.

Redalert

Reaction score
Finally got it to work. I had to take the otter box case off to get it. After some work i could figure it out with the case on, but it's much tougher.

Right on... glad it worked. Its a cool feature.

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Heh.. Some friends of mine are unable to screenshot on their phone because they can't get the timing right. Certain phone cases also make it difficult. I can do it on their phone, so it works just fine, but they still can't manage to do it. Perhaps they should configure an alternative way to do this.