Razr heating up

rancor

Reaction score
Hey. I just got my droid razr a week ago and noticed that it heats up (the back and the screen). Do note that at the moments I am not playing any games on the phone. Just setting up my contacts and apps and stuff. Please let me know. Could someone please help me out with this issue

Sent from my XT910 using DroidForums

MonkeyMouth

Reaction score
I've noticed this too. Switching 4g off helps a little bit. Bu in depth shows that this heat is caused by the battery being constantly used. My battery manager shows that "Media" using well beyond half the battery. Times where this process is not running my phone is anything but hot.

OP
R

rancor

Reaction score
im on 3G as Singapore doesn't have 4g yet. As far as media is concerned, I dont watch videos or listen to songs on it yet. All im doing is using whatsapp, adding my contacts and have my emails set up for which ok get push notifications. so any other suggestions? The thing is the heat is on the back and screen off the phone, thus when a phonecall comes the screen is hot.

Sent from my XT910 using DroidForums

Jack123

Reaction score
Anyone out there with a Motorola Razr that heats up periodically. The Verizon salesman says that it typical of ALL dual core phones and yet I was the first that he knows of with this problem. Don't know if I should swap this one out for another Razr. What says you?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anyone out there with a Motorola Razr that heats up periodically. The Verizon salesman says that it typical of ALL dual core phones and yet I was the first that he knows of with this problem. Don't know if I should swap this one out for another Razr. What says you?

My Bionic heats up a little bit when doing anything serious. Doesn't get hot, but warm. All my phones have done it and I'm not sure it has anything to do with dual cores.

Jack123

Reaction score
I have converted from 4G to 3G and it seems to be helping, also my battery life seems a bit better.