Razr heating up and battery not lasting as long as before.

larro823

Reaction score
A month or two ago, I allowed my phone software to update. Since then my phone will heat up several times a day. I wonder if there is an app running to cause that. The only apps I have added myself are facebook, twitter and weather channel. I deleted weather channel and the situation I described still occurs. I noticed there is a long list of apps in the phone. Some are probably necessary, but I don't know which ones are. Also, since the update, the battery is now used up by about 5 in the afternoon, every day. It used to go for about two days. How can I trouble shoot? How can I fix the problem. How can I stop my phone from heating up so?

moset

Reaction score
You might try this. Wipe system cache with stock recovery. This will not effect any apps or data like pictures on your phone. You will see no difference except you should see a slight performance increase.

You can go into system-> battery, tap the graph at the top, you will see GPS, screen on, awake at the bottom with a blue line under each indicating those are active. As a rule screen on and awake should be on at the same time. If awake is on while screen is off that means something is causing your phone to stay awake when it shouldn't. Streaming music will keep it awake as will downloading a big file.

Another issue may be signal especially marginal 4G. That would cause the radio to constantly search for a signal. Cache wipe won't help that. There are apps to turn off 4G

To wipe system cache:

1.Power down and wait until you are sure the device is completely off. 2.Power up the phone by pressing the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + PWR KEY . 3.The device will enumerate with different BOOT OPTIONS 4.Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL and VOL UP Key to SELECT 5.Select Recovery using the VOL UP key 6.The device will start up with Motorola logo and power up to a little Android man logo with Exclamation mark 7.Press the VOL UP and VOL DOWN Key together at this screen 8.The device will display BLUE Text on a Black background . 9.Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll DOWN and the PWR Key to SELECT the option desired . 10.In this case, press the VOL DOWN key till wipe cache is selected and press the PWR key to confirm the selection . 11.The device will then start clearing cache 12.Once the process is complete, press the PWR key to confirm a REBOOT (which is highlighted by default after the cache is cleared) 13.The message rebooting is displayed on the phone. 14.The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence .

This is the battery screen.

46c1818d-cb1e-e676.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

vctrrl

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issues described in the OP. Phone is heating up easilly, but while 3G is on it's even worse. Screen phone and phone awake bars never match. After the update phone was always awake, it started to get better when I did a factory reset, but the bars are far from match. I'm wondering if it can be caused by Facebook, WhatsApp or Viber but even with wifi or data off it still awake...