razr gets hot while on charge

stevenlf82

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
@stevenlf512
Phone gets burning hot while on charge, using original charger.

OP
stevenlf82

stevenlf82

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
@stevenlf512
Yeah gets hot charging from wall/ computer

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Rooted? If not take it to a Verizon store and plug it in and let it get hot. Have them replace it under warranty. Its not safe to have a lithium ion battery get that hot as they can explode. Hmm, now that I think about it I wonder if that is why Motorola put a Kevlar back on these phones LOL.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Download a battery monitoring app...gram is a popular One that tells the internal temp of the device.. I'm guessing this issue occurs when the device is powered on and charging??

You could have a hung app running cycles on your pcu while it's charging.. The omap processors in the RAZR and RAZR maxx are known for getting hot.. But the have a built in temp shut down on the screen and battery both...

If the device reaches that temp, it will flash a warning and power off... Or turn the screen off... I believe the temp is 111 to 115 degrees... Maybe 120..

And to answer the question about he kevlar backing.. It is believed that with the sack battery used in this device, the kevlar backing was used so it would have room to expand from use and heat, without pushing into and breaking your screen... :)

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yep gsam was what I meant... Auto correct for ya....