RAZR Frozen - What do I need to do??

ToneePorter

Reaction score
My Droid RAZR is frozen. I plugged it in to the charger and no response. After a few hours it turned itself on and when I went to open the phone the screen is frozen. I pushed the On/Off button to shut the screen off but now it won't come back on again and it will not respond when I hold the off button down. Since their is no way to access the battery on this phone I cannot take it out. Please help...

OP
T

ToneePorter

Reaction score
I found the solution and it worked perfectly.

Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons on the right side of the device for about 10 seconds. The device will then restart as normal.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Glad to hear you came across the "virtual battery pull". Sorry nobody replied to you sooner.

Now, let's tackle the reason this happened in the first place. You likely had the battery levels dip below the minimums required for the phone to be responsive, meaning you let it die - 0%, and power down on it's own. This is not a good practice to become a habit.

You should avoid allowing the phone to ever get to 0%, instead powering it down yourself with between 5% and 10% remaining, or immediately plugging into a charger. If it ever happens that the phone should reach 0% and power down again on it's own, get to a charger as quickly as possible.

Also, now would be a good time to perform a battery meter training cycle, since it appears you've potentially got a meter that's out of sync with the battery.

Follow the steps on this post >>> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sm...zr-maxx-ics-charging-problem.html#post2203165

I am moving this thread to the Smartphone Battery Discussion forum where you will have the support of the best battery gurus in the forum.