Phone frozen

ChrisRobt

Reaction score
For no obvious reason, my relatively new Samsung Stratosphere has frozen; is there a reset button anywhere? I cannot turn it off; it is frozen on a text message screen

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
First try a battery pull for 20 seconds.

If that doesn't work, then try the following:

Long press the Power button.
Select Restart.
phone_options_restart.jpg

If that doesn't work, you'll need to do a full Factory restore.
Here's how to reset your Samsung Stratosphere

Factory reset
-From the Home Screen, tap Settings
-then scroll to and then select Privacy
-then scroll to and select Factory Data Reset
-then select Reset Phone
-then select Erase Everything

Hard Reset
You can either type and enter this code *2767*3855# or do a button combination below if the Samsung Stratosphere experience hang problem like just stuck on the start up.

[h=3]Using Hardware Buttons[/h]1. Close the keyboard and power off the device.
2. Press and hold the Power, Volume Up and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
3. The device will power on. When you see the Samsung logo appear on the screen, release only thePower button, but continue to hold Volume Up and Volume Down.
4. A menu should appear. Release all buttons then use the Volume Down key to highlight wipe data / factory reset. Use the Home button to select it.
5. Press Volume Up to confirm your selection.
6. The reset will take a few minutes, then you will be prompted for further action. Select the reboot system now option and you have completed the hard reset of the Verizon Samsung Stratosphere.

OP
C

ChrisRobt

Reaction score
Frozen phone

Thanks for the quick reply; the battery pull would have been theonly answer as I could not access the home screen (or any screen other than the text one the phone was frozen on). For unknown reasons, the phone unfroze after about 2 hours; I will remember the battery pull if it happens again

Christine