Razr at times gets very hot for no apparent reason

steelman52

Reaction score
I've had the Razr since the 11th now. Every couple of days it will get extremely hot for no apparent reason, when I'm not even using it. It gets so hot that it's uncomfortable on my leg through my pants pocket. When it does this the battery depletes immediately. A restart does no good, but a hard reset (power + volume down) seems to fix it. I have 1 more day before my 14 days are up and can't decide if I should try for a replacement. Is anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Have not seen that problem yet but if it getting hot sitting in your picket something is wrong. Or something is running in the background that is system heavy. If you only have one day left you might want to exchange or return it because after the 14 days they send you the referbs.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Are you using Smart Actions? Are you auto-killing tasks? (Don't.) What apps/widgets/live wallpapers do you have installed?

Deron

Reaction score
I assume you have the 4g radio active when this happens? I wonder if there is an app running your network in the background. Do you have social medias syncing updates to your phone?

Do you have automatic updates for some of your apps in the Android Market? If so, your phone will start updating apps in the background while sitting in your pocket. When I have downloaded/updated multiple apps at the same time using 4g, my phone got very hot for a brief period of time.

breedingh8

Reaction score
I've had the Razr since the 11th now. Every couple of days it will get extremely hot for no apparent reason, when I'm not even using it. It gets so hot that it's uncomfortable on my leg through my pants pocket. When it does this the battery depletes immediately. A restart does no good, but a hard reset (power + volume down) seems to fix it. I have 1 more day before my 14 days are up and can't decide if I should try for a replacement. Is anyone else having this problem?

Do you have pocket detection mode on? Sounds weird but mine was getting hot to turned off pocket dection now i use 4g tether with my tab and its not getting as warm at all

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

OP
steelman52

steelman52

Reaction score
The only smart action I have running is to silence the phone at night time. No task killer, no live wallpaper, set to cdma- 3g only since I don't have 4g in my area, and when it gets hot can find nothing in the phone that is using the processor heavily. And, pocket detection is not on either. Like I said, can't figure out what's making hot, have checked all the obvious things. I suppose it's possible it is having a short circuit somewhere...

DroidX, DroidX2, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr