rant about weird things

clintgoldstein

Reaction score
The droid comes with both voice dialer and voice search. They are almost the same. Each do a few things the other does not. Their quality is very different.

Voice dialer works like crap. It wont recognize a lot of names. Like it won't read the name Jason. I had like 4 verizon employes trying it at the store with 3 different droids and no one could get it to call Jason. When it does work for a name you have to press a button to confirm it before it calls, which defeats the purpose a bit.

Voice search always works, always knows exactly what I'm saying and if I say, "call joe mobile" it just calls immediately. Perfect.

Why include 2 programs that do ALMOST the same thing and make one an utter piece of crap.

Why not make one that does it all and does it well.

In many ways droid makes my old iphone seem like droid lite, but I'll never understand how some of these design decisions make it through quality control.

Maybe these guys are too smart and can't see the forest through the trees, but come on. For example.....

3 email apps? A special one for google, a special one for exchange, and one for everything else that can also do google so it makes the first one redundant. It could all easily be handled by one. Oh, and the standard email app it came with won't do push so I had to down load another app bringing me up to 4 mail apps because for some reason you can't hide or delete the other 3.

When comes to buying electronics I use a metaphor about choosing between 2 cars. One has things in weird places ( ie gas pedal on the roof), redundant but slightly different things ( two different handles to open one door, one plastic, one chrome) and other weird decisions you don't understand. The other car has everything in the right spot but it only runs on apple gas and will only go to destinations approved by apple.

Nobody seems to understand what intuitive is. Even apple doesn't understand intuitive doesn't have to mean minimalistic. And F apple for being so controlling. They won't even let me change my background without hacking my phone. What are they afraid of? Am I not going to be able to see my icons spazz out and shove the phone up my ass. I hate you apple you insult my intelligence.

Droid is almost there, but 2 voice control programs, 3 email programs, and 2 calender programs? Thats 7 programs that could easily be handled by 3.

Now I just found out if a sms goes over 160 characters instead of splitting it up it just cuts it off. So to fix that I will now have 2 sms programs.

Maybe being able to program well and being able to design a good interface with out being a fruit loving, micro-managing, controlling, conformist a$$hat is really that hard. I just think I'm smarter than everyone.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I think most of your complaints (which are valid) were probably caused by the rush to get it to market and will hopefully be resolved in future releases.

superglen99

Reaction score
I agree clintgolddtein. I hope motorola/verizon/google reads this kinda stuff and yes F apple.