Randon tiny red square near proximity sensor...

Reaction score
Idk what it is, but there is, at random times, a small red lit up square near my proximity sensor.. it does nothing, to my knowledge, to my phone.. maybe it's the government spying on me... haha. No..but I'm jus trying to figure out it's purpose. Anybody else have it happen to their bionic? It only stays on like 30 min or so. And comes on at random times. Any help would b appreciated. Thanks.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You laugh...you may be right! Never heard of that one, but hopefully the Bionic community can shed some "light" on the subject. LOL!

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Is that where the notification LED is located on the Bionic?

My guess would be that the LED is defective and triggering a random red light as if the battery was low.

Or that a 3rd party app(like a text messaging app) uses it.

linuxgator

Reaction score
Is it kind of a faint red color? If so, it might be part of the in-pocket detection. That feature was present in ICS, but was removed in JB as far as I can tell. If you're on ICS, go to Menu>Settings>Display and see if the In-pocket detection option is selected. If it is, the light just gets reflected back to the sensor if you put your phone in your pocket and it shuts off the screen immediately.