Randomly losing data connection and randomly turning screen off?

Xproplayer

Reaction score
So i'm on vacation up in cascade idaho where the service is 3g only with my new maxx. The clouds are rolling in and we are sitting about 1000 feet from a mountain and I believe this is causing my signal issues because my maxx keeps randomly losing data connection while using foxfi. And then lately I will be doing just normal tasks and the screen will lock itself like I pushed the power button, I checked smart actions to no avail, any ideas on how to fix either of these issues?

msengul

Reaction score
Do u have in pocket detection on?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jf7609

Reaction score
So i'm on vacation up in cascade idaho where the service is 3g only with my new maxx. The clouds are rolling in and we are sitting about 1000 feet from a mountain and I believe this is causing my signal issues because my maxx keeps randomly losing data connection while using foxfi. And then lately I will be doing just normal tasks and the screen will lock itself like I pushed the power button, I checked smart actions to no avail, any ideas on how to fix either of these issues?

I have had that data connection dropping issue while tethering as well. It did it with foxfi, then I rooted and used wifi tether, same thing. Then I hacked the built in hotspot app and same thing! So I flashed a near stock rom and streamed Netflix on my PS3 for an hour with no problem. But the rom had other issues that I didn't like so I restored the original rom again. I think its a bug with some of these Razrs. If it still does the data drops after you get home, I would call Verizon and complain. They may send you a new phone. I'm debating myself if I should request a new phone myself. I've only had it for 4 days. Oh, and btw, LOL at the pocket detection being your problem. ;)

awriternot

Reaction score
How can you tell if you have the pocket detection on?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

awriternot

Reaction score
Der ....never mind...I did too.....mystery solved....haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Your lock issue... do u mean something more like your screen times out??? It goes black even though you may be touching the screen??? If you find the cause of this let me know.... mines done it for a while. I've done factory resets... lots of different things.... no fix so far other than setting your screen time out to 10 mins or never time out.... happens mostly when I'm charging....

sent from my MAXX.

jf7609

Reaction score
Your lock issue... do u mean something more like your screen times out??? It goes black even though you may be touching the screen??? If you find the cause of this let me know.... mines done it for a while. I've done factory resets... lots of different things.... no fix so far other than setting your screen time out to 10 mins or never time out.... happens mostly when I'm charging....

sent from my MAXX.

He figured it out. It was his "In Pocket Detection" being enabled and when he held it just right, the screen shuts off. If you hold the phone vertically while covering the proximity sensor, the phone locks itself.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
He figured it out. It was his "In Pocket Detection" being enabled and when he held it just right, the screen shuts off. If you hold the phone vertically while covering the proximity sensor, the phone locks itself.

OK...hmmm. still not shutting my pocket detection off... last time I did I wound up calling Australia..... I was pissed. So I'll deal with the pita in the mean time lmao

sent from my MAXX.