Random shut downs require battery pull

doctordoctor

Reaction score
3 times now I have had to tear my bionic out of its otter box and then Forcefully try to get out the Battery and THEN and only then will my phone reboot!!! Each time I have put my phone into my front pocket like anyother man would. ANyone else have this happen? I rooted so thought it was a root problem so I then unrooted and it has done it 2x since. Maybe Verizon should give me a new Bionic already???

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
If you rooted you voided the warranty. Better hope they dont see that or you'll be charged full retail if you get a replacement.

Best bet at this point is to do a Master Reset and start from scratch.
SETTINGS>PRIVACY>FACTORY DATA RESET

krazienluv10

Reaction score
happened to me today, thought the battery died, but i knew it was way above 50%.... was like wtf when i got home and tried to charge and it didnt work...my phone is rooted as well

mdroid2g

Reaction score
Thunderbolt had this issue at least 3 times a day, so far not once on my bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

PhilD

Reaction score
i have read numerous reports of this problem in multiple forums, including the Motorola support forums. it happened twice to my Bionic, phone was still on (screen was off) and hot, but completely unresponsive to the power button. i was rooted. i un-rooted and did a factory reset two days ago. i have since re-installed most of my apps again but have not yet re-rooted, just waiting to see if this problem recurs.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've had it happen to me twice. Screen was unresponsive and it wouldn't charge. Can't find anything that would cause it.

Infiniti87

Reaction score
I have also had this happen twice now. Once yesterday and once today. My Bionic is NOT rooted. I haven't noticed any abnormal heat or anything it is just unresponsive when I push the power button or plug it into the charger. Only way to get it on is a battery pull and reboot.

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
This happened to me twice today. Both times it was in my pocket so I thought it might have been overheating that was causing this problem. I guess not thought since it's happening to others at random times.

monkey_man

Reaction score
Thanks for the link PhilD... but my Motorola account has been disabled so I had to do it here first.

I bought this phone 3 days ago. And for the last two days, the phone was fine and dandy. The last two days though, The phone was plug on power. Today (9/11/2011) @ 8:50P, I've unplugged the phone and used it for couple of hours. I decided to play outside and left the phone at a table in a A/C room. After done playing in few hours, I grabbed a "hardware brick". The phone was cool and I didn't suspect anything out of it as it acted like a brand new phone should be; but it is just unresponsive when I push the power button or plug it into the charger. Only way to get it on is by a battery pull and press the power button.

sabitu

Reaction score
Mine has frozen on me twice now while I'm using it. I have to pull the battery to reset it. The phone is not excessively hot at the time and I am not rooted.

PhilD

Reaction score
Thanks for the link PhilD... but my Motorola account has been disabled so I had to do it here first...
i suspect they froze your account because you posted about rooting...kind of like you did in the thread i linked above :) they don't want folks discussing that sort of stuff over there, which is fair because it's their forum. anyways, i hope this problem doesn't keep happening because i really like this phone a lot and i don't want to have to return it