Random restarts

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
I've had my Bionic for about 6 days now and I'm in love. It is absolutely fantastic. However, since the second day I had it, it has been locking up and randomly restarting. This isn't good. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Ive seen this mentioned and never had an issue with it. However, the last 2 days Ive had 2 random reboots. I think I saw that this is suppose to be a fix in the works on 1st update

OP
P

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
That leads to my next question: are OS updates automatic? Pushed to the device? Or what? How do I know if mine's current?

OP
P

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
Hahaha.... just noticed the misspelling in my thread title.

zachdroid

Reaction score
Updates are pushed ota to the device. You can confirm that you're up to date bu looking in settings>about phone>status>check for updates. Should br at the top of the list.

OP
P

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
Ok, already did that. Cool. Thanks! Do certain brands, models, or devices get updates before others?

zachdroid

Reaction score
Ok, already did that. Cool. Thanks! Do certain brands, models, or devices get updates before others?

Yes and no. Some will receive updates sooner than others. Some will just receive patches along the way. The bionic is scheduled to receive an update late this month early next. Somewhere in that neighborhood. The coming update will address numerous issues some are having. According to sources there will as well be an update after the first of the year. What it will include is still yet to be determined. Moto probably knows but the android community, not yet. I hope this helps.

Zach

OP
P

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
Great to know! Thanks!

ambrown

Reaction score
I used to never have this problem. I would have a restart every other month at most. But then after I got the gingerbread update it restarts a lot. Sometimes twice a day.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

OP
P

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
I just got my first DROID but that's exactly what's happening to me. About twice a day with heavy use. Kind of disconcerting. Funny though, I can't help but still love this freakin phone!

Renae

Reaction score
I wasn't having this, now mine will restart once or more a day usually. Mostly happens when I put it in the dock at night.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk