My 3rd BIONIC since 29 September

masterpeace1960

Reaction score
I am losing connect on 3G and 4G area;;;I am under 14 day
warrent,,,Only had the Bionic 12 days...Took it too the corp. Store...Manager wouldn"t ex-change it for another, but told me I could upgrade too another phone..only problem it would cost me $35.00 restocking fee and the price of the upgrade phone...Verizon corp. store really upset me...:icon_evil::icon_evil:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The patch is coming.. I'd say wait if your beyond the 14th day. I think will resolve most if not all the issues.

konellaz

Reaction score
Tech support and higher has all the power.. Corp stores are powerless

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

djspy

Reaction score
Ask for customer relations. Refuse to talk to anyone else.. Seem very upset, but talk in a complete professional manner.. And come full of ammo!! Other examples of known issues, know your contact and how to use it against them.. vzw is measured by subscribers.. it kills their customers service index when they lose accounts.. As much as they try to act as if your the inconvenience , when actually they will do just about anything to keep you from buying out at a measly 250 feature phone 350 smart phone... They know profit is in the two years at 100 or so a month.

Side note.. My Bill is over 200 a month.. Three smartphones all grandfathered in.. I don't take no sh&$ from them.. That's more than my maxima a month.

I will try this, thanks. I emember Verizon not being such a hassle. Years ago i had a lot of problems with one of my phones and after they exchanged it twice for the same problem they simply told me pick another phone. I did and was on my way happy. That happened twice in my 10yrs with them. Both times they let me choose a different phone. I was surprised by how much hassle they're giving me this time.

konellaz

Reaction score
I will try this, thanks. I emember Verizon not being such a hassle. Years ago i had a lot of problems with one of my phones and after they exchanged it twice for the same problem they simply told me pick another phone. I did and was on my way happy. That happened twice in my 10yrs with them. Both times they let me choose a different phone. I was surprised by how much hassle they're giving me this time.

No freakin way.. Same thing here in seven years when I had a problem with my omnia 2 they said so very sorry Mr konell.. Its a junk windows phone here have this free bad ass Droid incredible.. Now...I get slapped in the face repeatedly..

My own personal conspiracy theory.. Its cause we are grandfathered and now they have leverage!

konellaz

Reaction score
See im crazy like that to much pot! Lmao

Honestly though.. Im covered in lte.. Im in portland.. But I think they look at my use and say damn!!! He uses 35GB+ every month on 3g image if we turn him loose in our lte...screw that mofo! Block his a$$ !!!!! Ahahahaha

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd bionic. And losing 4g and 3g is getting on my nerves. I tried to have them send me a new bionic but the customer rep at the store told me since I am over my 14 day period I can't get a new bionic. Well screw that. I pay $200 a month to them for 4 lines and 2 data plans. I have been a customer since 2003. I want them to send me a new bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm on my 2nd bionic. And losing 4g and 3g is getting on my nerves. I tried to have them send me a new bionic but the customer rep at the store told me since I am over my 14 day period I can't get a new bionic. Well screw that. I pay $200 a month to them for 4 lines and 2 data plans. I have been a customer since 2003. I want them to send me a new bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

In all honesty, you are probably better off getting a refurbed one, as they have been re-tested. Although I don't think it's going to solve any of your issues, the patch coming out will do that.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
In all honesty, you are probably better off getting a refurbed one, as they have been re-tested. Although I don't think it's going to solve any of your issues, the patch coming out will do that.

Yup, shadez I can echo that 100% my replacement bionic albeit still losing data and ping me off several times a day, it's connection problem is 10x improved from my launch day NEW bionic. data drops are still common, but typically recover on their own within a minute. My NEW bionic that was not the case.. it seems as if there has been an improvement as there is a symbol that indicates sim interfacing its a delta symbol. NEVER saw that on my new bionic just on the refurb.. so moto is making some tweaks under the radar.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yup, shadez I can echo that 100% my replacement bionic albeit still losing data and ping me off several times a day, it's connection problem is 10x improved from my launch day NEW bionic. data drops are still common, but typically recover on their own within a minute. My NEW bionic that was not the case.. it seems as if there has been an improvement as there is a symbol that indicates sim interfacing its a delta symbol. NEVER saw that on my new bionic just on the refurb.. so moto is making some tweaks under the radar.

I get the delta symbol when an error occurs. So, in your opinion, do you think they tweaked the hardware or software on the Bionic you have now?

Tonik

Reaction score
As for apps dissapearing, this will be addressed in the patch...

Are you sure about that, because the feeling/info I get from the Moto support forums is that it is working as intended. There was never any intent to move apps to SD-EXT

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Are you sure about that, because the feeling/info I get from the Moto support forums is that it is working as intended. There was never any intent to move apps to SD-EXT

You are correct, I should have elaborated more, the patch is supposed to let you store apps in the media area, which is not the SD card. Thanks for pointing that out.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Has to be hardware. The system number on my current bionic is still 5.5.886, but it could also be a slight kernel tweak, I have no idea what the old one was... here's the info from the about phone.

kernel - 2.6.35.7-g790a33chpn683@il93lnxdroid29 #1

Baseband(s) - CDMA_N_03.1C.50R LTEDC_u_05.15.00

Build # - 5.5.1_84_DBN-55

With the HTC RZ and Nexus not reporting any data drops (aside from related directly to true network outages) I'm curious if just software can fix ours... Look at the charge and TB for example *shrug*

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Has to be hardware. The system number on my current bionic is still 5.5.886, but it could also be a slight kernel tweak, I have no idea what the old one was... here's the info from the about phone.

kernel - 2.6.35.7-g790a33chpn683@il93lnxdroid29 #1

Baseband(s) - CDMA_N_03.1C.50R LTEDC_u_05.15.00

Build # - 5.5.1_84_DBN-55

With the HTC RZ and Nexus not reporting any data drops (aside from related directly to true network outages) I'm curious if just software can fix ours... Look at the charge and TB for example *shrug*

Now that leaves the rest of us to ponder if we should switch phones if it's a hardware tweak they did.. sigh