Random reboots

skyyaa

Reaction score
Anyone getting seemingly random reboots on 1.0? They're not terribly frequent, maybe once every day or two, but still annoying. Don't seem to follow a pattern either, just some action then black screen and reboot. I'm using the lv 250 - 900 sapphire kernel if that helps.

STX21

Reaction score
Did you wipe data/cache two or three times when installing it? If not, thats what my first step would be.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you wipe data/cache two or three times when installing it? If not, thats what my first step would be.

This. I haven't noticed anything like that as my battery use times are on par from when i unplugged.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Anyone getting seemingly random reboots on 1.0? They're not terribly frequent, maybe once every day or two, but still annoying. Don't seem to follow a pattern either, just some action then black screen and reboot. I'm using the lv 250 - 900 sapphire kernel if that helps.

It happened to me for the first time yesterday after I hung up call. Im using the default kernerl. :icon_eek:

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

It happened to me for the first time yesterday after I hung up call. Im using the default kernerl. :icon_eek:

The hanging up from the phone call reboot may have something to do with this ...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cv...y-sensor-bug-makes-phone-go-mute-hang-up.html
not too sure though but it's worth checking out

brochaos

Reaction score
how did you install sapphire?

if i install in sprecovery, and go sapphire>gapps>theme all without rebooting inbtween i get constant reboots.

somebody else had this problem too. solution was to just install sapphire + gapps, reboot, let phone fully sync, then install theme/kernel/whatever else.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
how did you install sapphire?

if i install in sprecovery, and go sapphire>gapps>theme all without rebooting inbtween i get constant reboots.

somebody else had this problem too. solution was to just install sapphire + gapps, reboot, let phone fully sync, then install theme/kernel/whatever else.

That exactly how installed it. The reboot happend right after I was done with the phone call. It didnt hang up by itself. Overall best Rom so far dancedroid

serveitup911

Reaction score
I had some reboots on 0.8.4, but I was using a LV kernel. I went with an SV kernel for my 1.0.0 install and have not had any issues since. It's a shame because the LV was totally stable except for a couple random reboots. I wish there was a voltage option between LV & SV.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I had some reboots on 0.8.4, but I was using a LV kernel. I went with an SV kernel for my 1.0.0 install and have not had any issues since. It's a shame because the LV was totally stable except for a couple random reboots. I wish there was a voltage option between LV & SV.

I think there is in between voltage called IV

Edit: I thought IV meant intermediate Voltage but I guess its higher than standard voltage?? Maybe someone can correct me

Last edited:

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
it be nice to get a medium voltage. I remember seeing chevey kernel having a medium voltage. I used to get great battery life with those

OP
S

skyyaa

Reaction score
I did wipe data and cache three times each. I installed gapps and the kernel separately too. Using black bar mod if that makes any difference. Pretty sure at least one off the reboots was after a phone call as well. will try a different kernel I think.

wingdo

Reaction score
"IV" is for increasing voltage which is higher than standard.

I do not believe that is correct. IV does stand for "Increasing Voltage" but my understanding was it is basically a LV kernel at minimum speeds increasing to SV voltages at the top frequencies. Hence "Increasing" as opposed to "Increased".

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had this and disabled the built in o/c and used only setcpu.
so far fine.