Random Reboots

lexxon

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got the Thunderbolt on launch day since my OG Droid's screen bit the dust on the eve of PAX East (3-day gaming/general nerdiness convention). I picked up the Incredible the next day, returned it for the TB, so I've already paid one $35 restocking fee.

The TB has been pretty good for me so far, but at least 3 times now, I've set the phone down/shut off the screen and when I look back over at it a minute or so later, it's rebooting itself. The first time this happened was last weekend, and now it happened last night and then just now. I don't know of any specific triggers except it seems to happen when the phone gets put to sleep. I disabled Fast Boot after the first reboot but it doesn't seem to make a difference (and the Swype settings are still broken without changing the input device back to stock, then back to swype, after every reboot).

Anyone else have similar issues? I have until Wednesday I imagine to return the phone under the 14-day window (didn't buy any accessories or insurance just yet). I haven't rooted it yet or done anything too drastic minus running LauncherPro instead of Sense for a few days.

Dxun

Reaction score
I brought mine in for the same issue. They did a factory reset and it took care of the problem.

Sent from a Bolt of Lightning

Pumaro

Reaction score
Make sure you test it without it being plugged in.
I had the rebooting issue only when running on battery. Verizon performed a reset on the phone but the issue still existed so Verizon promptly replaced the phone and I have had no more issues. The phone has been great. I have no issues with battery life and I am in Dallas area so its 4G everywhere here. This phone is absolutely the best.
sent via ThunderBolt

Last edited:

matthai5

Reaction score
I have had the same problems. Verizon sent a replacement but I noticed the replacement has a yellow tint to the screen. Has anyone else noticed this issue?

DroidStang

Reaction score
Mine rebooted once on its own and the only thing I did was switch on Fast Boot..never did since then...if you switch that on and off my need to reset itself, who knows?

jimmiem

Reaction score
Mine is rebooting once a day now. Extremely frustrating!!!! I don't know what to do because VZW won't do anything unless they can reproduce the issue, and how do you reproduce a random event on command?