Random reboot and cracked screen

Razzia17

Reaction score
I work in the middle of the night with no lights so I use the flashlight app to see. This morning I was using it and the phone randomly reboots, as usual, so I have to hold the phone screen right up to what I'm working on until it finishes rebooting. Well it falls out of my hand and cracks the screen bad. It still works but am I going to have to pay my insurance deductible for a new phone when a known software problem is to blame?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

robrecht

Reaction score
I work in the middle of the night with no lights so I use the flashlight app to see. This morning I was using it and the phone randomly reboots, as usual, so I have to hold the phone screen right up to what I'm working on until it finishes rebooting. Well it falls out of my hand and cracks the screen bad. It still works but am I going to have to pay my insurance deductible for a new phone when a known software problem is to blame?

I was in a very similar situation a few years ago and a sympathetic Verizon tech authorized a warranty replacement for me that ended up being an upgrade. But this year Verizon has instituted a very strict sounding policy about scratches and such on warranty replacements so I think you're probably out of luck. But it doesn't hurt to try and find the right person to talk to at Verizon.

Beka27

Reaction score
You'll have to go thru insurance. The reboot is a software issue. Dropping the phone, however, is not covered by warranty. They won't care what the phone was doing when you dropped it, all they will see is that it was dropped.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

y0manda

Reaction score
I experienced a similar situation. The Verizon tech kinda laughed, but I demanded a phone replacement because my screen cracked when the Verizon billing department called me wanting a payment. The phone vibrated off the kitchen counter. :/